Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 30 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Problems

Help: Model won't load, gray screen3171

LewisBishop private msg quote post Address this user
I apologize in advance if this has been discussed. I ran a couple of quick searches on model not loading and gray screen but not sure if I'm overlooking something or just too damn frustrated as I sent a support request yesterday to Matterport and have not heard back yet.

So model was working perfectly. Went to make it public and then suddenly it would no longer load.

This is what I get.

I'm going to reprocess as this is my listing its a pain but am pissed to imagine if this happened and needed to deliver to paying client.

Any thoughts or similar experiences?
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@LewisBishop

Wow! That's not good. Can you share the link with us so we can see try it on multiple devices in various locations?

(Reprocessing sounds like a good first step.)

(Did the model include any new Matterport features that were announced this week?)

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@LewisBishop

BTW, in my 2.5 years of scanning, I have not experienced that. Plus, I have read nearly all 24,000+ posts and I don't recall ever seeing that problem. (The video is very helpful.)

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
@DanSmigrod

Thanks... so strange. No new features included it did include a highlight reel with one 360 shot of the exterior (though nothing new). Also... the model worked after publishing but then suddenly stopped.

Here are the links though I've tried on two different iMacs, Macbook Pro, iPhone, and iPad Pro. Safari, Chrome, and Firefox... no luck.

Another strange component is that it would not work on the iPad on the Browser or Matterport 3D... UNTIL I downloaded it... so it does work in Matterport 3D App only after downloading onto the iPad.

Branded https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=Y9JVq7DkPux
Unbranded: https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=Y9JVq7DkPux&brand=0
Post 4 IP   flag post
3rd Party
Service
Myrtle Beach, SC
ArtisticConcepts private msg quote post Address this user
Appended &qs=1 to the end of the url and it loaded with Quick Start, so the good news is, the model is there. Bad news is, just doesn't work like it should out of the box.

https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=Y9JVq7DkPux&qs=1

Correction: I'm stuck in the 360 pano with no way to navigate out. I typed too soon. Nice place though ;-D
Post 5 IP   flag post
GarySnyder private msg quote post Address this user
This is the second time I've seen this happen. There was another MSP with the same problem I believe yesterday with the same exact issue. I tagged the tread to monitor status but no feedback so far. It was suggested that he uploads the model again. Please let us know if reloading the model solves the problem.
Post 6 IP   flag post
@ArtisticConcepts - Thanks for the attempt.

@GarySnyder - waiting for it to process.

Must say I'm sincerely disappointed that after submitting a help ticket yesterday... past the initial automated response... I've heard nothing.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Had to re-process. I've not added highlight real yet as I wanted to see model working but so far so good. Original model still not working and no work from MP yet.

New Model for 451 Barranca Ct, San Ramon
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Moving this post to this discussion ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by @TourFactoryUT
I am looking for any help I can get since Matterport is not responding regarding the issue with my latest model. It appears to be loading and then just goes to a gray screen. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=V9jfwYRd7qE
Post 9 IP   flag post
@TourFactoryUT I was able to reprocess and new model is work fine. Question... did you have any 360 images within the highlight reel?
Post 10 IP   flag post
GarySnyder private msg quote post Address this user
It would be interesting if you were to try repeating the exact first model to include the 360's and then upload that one and see if it processes OK this time.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Property3dNZ private msg quote post Address this user
@LewisBishop Hey sorry this is probably a little late in the piece but what I have started doing is once I have logged a ticket by email I then post it on the MP forum - they tend to get back to you reasonably quickly on the forum!
Post 12 IP   flag post
BarrieFisherPhoto private msg quote post Address this user
I am having the same problem, my model is loading in the dollhouse view, and then when I walk into the model it is all black. I will reprocess and let you know what happens.
Post 13 IP   flag post
I uploaded the scan again and the same thing is happening, it looks fine until you go into the launch mode. The dollhouse view is fine until you walk into the model.
Post 14 IP   flag post
I got mine to work in Safari. Maybe it's the new update with Mac, I haven't updated it yet.
If anyone needs help, send me a private message. Good luck!
Post 15 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
I wonder if the challenge might be related to internet speed?

For example, for those that are reporting a challenge, is it a large model and your internet speed is not so good?

Dan
Post 16 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
I recall when I was first starting out in July 2014, I could get a white square - one of six sides of a cube - if the internet connection was not good.

Dan
Post 17 IP   flag post
101634 17 17
This topic is archived. Start new topic?