Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Advice

Pricing for 2D Floor Plan3130

jfantin private msg quote post Address this user
Dear Colleagues

I wonder if someone could help me with this: I have been asked to provide 2D floor plans together with the Matterport Model.

I know that I have access to Blue-Sketches' service and its cost, but I am not sure how much to charge for it to my customer.

My first idea was to charge between 50% to 100% on top of my cost, but I am not sure.

Any help will be appreciated.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Louisville, KY
JohnLoser private msg quote post Address this user
@jfantin
Normal business practices would suggest that you price something at between 100% and 200% of your cost. Look at your real costs. These include the price you pay to BlueSketch for the 2D floor plan, your time in placing the order, your time in doing any other prep work, such as placing the floor plan on a "blueprint template" with the location information (and your company name and/or logo), and transmitting it to the customer.

If the customer had an architect create it, the floor plan would cost $thousands. You can offer it at $100.US or your local equivalent, make the customer happy because they are saving money and make you happy because you have a "high profit add-on" sale.

if you choose to sell it for around $70.00 - $80.00 US, you still make a nice profit.
Post 2 IP   flag post
jfantin private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you @JohnLoser. Your advice is really apreciated.
Post 3 IP   flag post
AnnaSogliuzzo private msg quote post Address this user
My understanding is that you can now download a 2d plan from the scan info?
Post 4 IP   flag post
Premium
North Palm Beach, FL
hometakes private msg quote post Address this user
To get a floor plan drawn, it costs per Sq ft. Therefore I charge the same way (.02 cents per sq. ft.) only I add $25. So 2500 Sq. ft. = 2500 x .02 = $50 + $25 = $75.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@jfantin

We bundle everything into on price and deliver it like this:
Http://www.EclipseCondo1518.info

Best,

Dan
Post 6 IP   flag post
Blue-Sketch
Founder
New Orleans, LA
PetraSoderling private msg quote post Address this user
@AnnaSogliutto

You can get a floor plan from Matterport but it does not appear automatically. After you push a button to order it goes into a queue for people to draw them manually. That's why they reserve two business days to deliver it.

With Blue-Sketch, you order by sharing your scan with us (after you set us up as a Collaborator). It's just as easy, one button. The order comes to our queue and we draw it manually in New Orleans, LA. We are faster and only need one business day.

Our price is one dollar less than Matterport's.
Post 7 IP   flag post
AnnaSogliuzzo private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks for the clarification Petra
Post 8 IP   flag post
101436 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?