Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Floor PlansMarketingReal EstateRealtorsVirtual Reality

Going to NAR in Orlando3094

iGuide CIO
and Co-Founder
Kitchener CAN
Kevin_iGuide private msg quote post Address this user
Promoted Post

---

Good morning,

Planitar will be exhibiting at NAR and would be delighted to meet anyone from our space at the show. Chris White from our technical team will have a camera system there and will be giving demonstrations.

Do you have suggestions for us to present our system and technologies to members of this forum?

Kevin

Post 1 IP   flag post
Expertise private msg quote post Address this user
Cool.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Kevin_iGuide

Since Matterport is likely to be there too. You will get questions about how you differ.

Top 3 reasons?

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
iGuide CIO
and Co-Founder
Kitchener CAN
Good question Dan and since there are many differences, it would really depend on what is important to you and your business. I believe our core differences are related to utility, versatility and workflow.

Utility - our primary focus is the data we provide users and how they can consume it. Our integrated floor plan viewer is to provide users with a first person perspective and understanding of a space. We provide accurate measurements, areas and a number of space learning and capture tools.

Versatility - We are open with the data our operators can control and what information they can use. We optimized for speed on all devices.
We listen to our network of Operators and work to improve our business based on their recommendations. We also work with 3rd party vendors to create new uses for iGuide and new sources of revenue for our Operators.

Workflow - Our capture system is faster and our data more accurate than anything on the market. For our Operators this means more competitive pricing, translating into more jobs and more revenue.

Those are my top three but more important, I would like to know what is most important to the We Get Around Network. What are the pains?

Post 4 IP   flag post
Viewing private msg quote post Address this user
@Kevin_iGuide This looks great, congrats on developing it.

I have two questions:

1. How do agencies display this on their websites and

2. What is the format? I.e. embed via iframe etc.

Cheers
Post 5 IP   flag post
iGuide CIO
and Co-Founder
Kitchener CAN
Hi Baxter,
We offer responsive embedding code for clients to add to their sites.
We also offer options to customize the viewer. If you do video as well, the iGuide can launch on the video.

Take a look at our sample showcase property: http://www.goiguide.com/showcase

Our iGuide Report is delivered to clients for every completed tour. It has links to generate a custom embed code.

Our iGuide Analytics is a weekly email report that sends users the traffic their tours are getting, the length of stays and where traffic is coming from.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Blue-Sketch
Founder
New Orleans, LA
PetraSoderling private msg quote post Address this user
@Kevin_iGuide thanks for the info. My company creates floor plans for Matterport Service Providers. Like Matterport, Planitar offers the possibility to order a floor plan from your system by push of a button.

You mention your system is open. Many Service Providers would like to differentiate from the crowd by creating floor plans that are unique.

Is there a way for me to offer a floor plan service on top of Planitar's platform?

Kind regards,

Petra Soderling
Blue-Sketch.com
Tel (917) 291 2533
Post 7 IP   flag post
@Kevin_iGuide I like the quality of data it offers and can imagine agents will too. Is it able to capture outdoor too?
Post 8 IP   flag post
iGuide CIO
and Co-Founder
Kitchener CAN
Hi Petra, absolutely there are ways to enhance the floor plans. With growing interest and demand from buyers for floor plans, sophisticated agents will start using floor plans as a way to distinguish themselves. We already have a few Operators who will go in and enhance their floor plans and some who are outsourcing this as well.

In our back end system, we offer operators our floor plans in svg and dxf file formats to use as they see fit. Many of our clients in the construction industry will import our plans into CAD for their for sophisticated purposes.
Post 9 IP   flag post
iGuide CIO
and Co-Founder
Kitchener CAN
Baxter,
Here are a couple great examples from Southern Florida where we have been told the extreme light conditions present challenges for interior and exterior capture.
https://youriguide.com/8365_catamaran_cir_lakewood_ranch_fl
https://youriguide.com/3916_solymar_dr_siesta_key_fl
Post 10 IP   flag post
Blue-Sketch
Founder
New Orleans, LA
Thank you for the answer Kevin. I'd love to see how your operators could outsource floor plan drawing to Blue-Sketch. This wasn't really clear in your answer.
Post 11 IP   flag post
@Kevin_iGuide These are cool examples and the quality seems good but when I say outdoors I mean, could you capture a stretch of beach for example in direct sunlight?
Post 12 IP   flag post
iGuide CIO
and Co-Founder
Kitchener CAN
Sorry Petra, operators could give you access to floor plan files (svg or dxf format) and you could enhance them.
If you can add value to the 2D plans, you can do that.
If you are able to grow 3D models from 2D plans, you could also use these files.
Post 13 IP   flag post
iGuide CIO
and Co-Founder
Kitchener CAN
Baxter, hopefully this is a good example for you. It is currently running off our old viewer but I really like how the Operator trucked his gear into the water to take the shot.
https://youriguide.com/577_firelane_11_port_colborne_on
Post 14 IP   flag post
Great example, just what I was looking for thanks.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Helen private msg quote post Address this user
@Kevin_iGuide I believe your pricing is also tiered by square feet, please correct me if I am wrong.
So my question would be if the home was 4000 sqft and you shot exterior would the price go up or is the exterior free and not included in square footage?
Post 16 IP   flag post
Blue-Sketch
Founder
New Orleans, LA
Sounds cool, thank you for the clarification.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
I have reviewed Planitar's website as well as had the pleasure of speaking with Kevin. I believe that Planitar is the most innovative entrant to the virtual tour market of the year.

It is astounding how Planitar differentiates itself from Matterport. Almost everything about Planitar is the opposite of Matterport starting with the fact that Planitar uses a real DSLR as the base of their customized camera system, they scan a 2D model instead of 3D and have made the decision that a 3D model is too time consuming to scan and prohibits sales to many Realtors.

Therefore consider that with Planitar, you can scan a large space with fewer scans than matterport, Dave time and pass on the savings to your clients.

Planitar is a platform of possibilities and it's exciting to be get to see it grow and develop rapidly as a true alternative platform for WGA users.

I am not ready to jump, but if were not already invested into matterport, and hasn't been building my clients large archives of matterport tours, I would be choosing planitar over matterport as a new customer.

Consider also that Planitar is disruptive as it can be sold competitively against matterport service providers. Why not offer both?
Post 18 IP   flag post
Just printed a ticket for the Orlando NAR expo. I plan to check out Planitar, Real.Vision and Matterport.

I'll let you know what I think.

I'm looking for the best combination of image quality, ease of use, speed and of course... overall cost.

Then I will factor in Matterport's name recognition, and make a decision.
Post 19 IP   flag post
iGUIDE
Founder/CEO
Kitchener, Canada
Alex_iGuide private msg quote post Address this user
Helen,

The outside panos are not counted towards square footage, you only pay for interior sq. ft. We do assume that the number of exterior panos will be reasonable and less than the number of exterior panos. If sometime in the future we find that this system is being gamed, we will address it then.

The first day of the show was great and we are getting extremely positive competitive feedback.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Kevin- what is your Booth number?
Post 21 IP   flag post
iGUIDE
Founder/CEO
Kitchener, Canada
Alex_iGuide private msg quote post Address this user
1.5hrs till the show wraps up.
Post 22 IP   flag post
I just figured that out.
Post 23 IP   flag post
101432 23 23
This topic is archived. Start new topic?