Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Help Wanted

Matterport Service Providers: Business Slow?3078

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
A few Matterport Service Providers have reached out to me saying that business is slow.

If business is slow for you, why do you think so?

If business is great, your MatterPeeps would to hear how and why?

Best,

Dan

P.S. Plus, we had two We Get Around Forum Members reach out to us this week about selling their used Matterport Cameras.
Post 1 IP   flag post
TrustedPhotoDC private msg quote post Address this user
October was our best month ever for Matterport work.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Integratedman private msg quote post Address this user
I would definitely fall into the "slow" camp...a ton of presentations I am waiting on approval on..but in Oct received virtually NO green lights...
Post 3 IP   flag post
GarySnyder private msg quote post Address this user
There were 5 cameras from the US and 2 international on eBay last month. There may have been even more but I only checked twice. That may tell you how things were for some people.
Post 4 IP   flag post
jfantin private msg quote post Address this user
Adoption of this technology is slow. It always takes time. I have been working with disruptive innovations for the last ten years and it's been always the same: the first couple of years business is really slow, with only early adoptes betting on the new thing, and suddely, for unknown reasons the phone starts ringing.

In my market only the top real estate companies have considered Matterport as an option, while in the middle and in the bottom they are still taking ugly photos with their smarthpones and uploading them to their websites.

We are still waiting for the big bang, that will eventually happen, only that I don´t know if it will be with Matterport or when another smarter player enters into the market.

Definitively working only with Matterport is not an option, never was, never will. It has to be considered as one more tool to satisfy customer needs.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
Business is great. I own one camera and had an existing clientele before i started that supply me with steady work.

I use pay per click ads which usually attract 2-3 realtor tours a month. In addition I enthusiastically network with other photographers to offer my services as a white label service while offering them 33% of the sell price.
Post 6 IP   flag post
GeorgeK private msg quote post Address this user
I think the election is partially to blame for the SLOW.. and I would not call it slow I would call it DEAD! Maybe after we have a new President things will look up.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Fort Worth, TX
epicfoto private msg quote post Address this user
We just started adding Matterport to our photography business a month or so ago. We are steady for being new to this, it does require a lot of face to face networking so everyone understands the coolness of it. Good luck to everyone.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Property3dNZ private msg quote post Address this user
We are super slow here in New Zealand... I was crazy for a bit doing a big job travelling all over scanning show homes but now thats done we are quiet again
Post 9 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
Today, I received a call at 5:00pm. It went to voicemail as I was charging my phone while scanning a home.

I called the number back at 6:00pm and spoke to the caller who used the We Get Around Referral Network map to find a Matterport Provider in my area who promptly picked up the phone and booked.

I was planning on making a larger post about this -- and may -- but I felt it was appropriate to drop this in here.

The WGA Referral Network is a VERY good investment if you are slow. It's a good investment if you just want to increase your volume even more.

Even if you experience months without referrals from Dan -- that ONE referral will make the difference. The value-adds that Dan adds are great and there is something for everyone in there.

So - if business is slow for you and you are NOT a member of the WGA Network -- do yourself a favor and be more than just a forum member or a lurker.

AND! Pick up your phone when someone calls.
Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks @Metroplex360

It would be nice if Matterport focused on growing demand rather than selling Cameras.

Dan
Post 11 IP   flag post
Orange, California
craigsauer private msg quote post Address this user
Though I'm obviously biased as an MSP, it really baffles me why most realtors would buy at Matterport camera/subscription. I can see why some realtors would do it, but in general, the cost and time involved for a realtor to do their own Matterport photography vs hiring a local pro seems like it wouldn't make financial sense.
Post 12 IP   flag post
I would agree totally with craigsauer ..this is the position I have taken, and believe...
Post 13 IP   flag post
Matterport have been talking with one of the biggest Real Estate companies here in NZ and it looks as if they have persuaded them to purchase there own cameras and do it all in house. They are going to make/push their agents to scan every property they list which is approx 50 properties a week. They are our main client so its pretty devastating after all my hard work setting Matterport up here in NZ. None of the Real Estate websites supported MP until I started pushing and bugging people now the 2 major ones do and the 2 major RE companies that dominate the market have the ability on their in-house websites as well. Frustrating and disappointing all round.
Post 14 IP   flag post
I can understand that a big real estate company with a flow of 50 properties a week purchases a few cameras and hire people to do this job. It makes sense considering the scale and the properties' inflow.

I've heard that in Canada Sotheby's has purchased their own cameras as well, perhaps @Integratedman can tell us something about it.

I would say that the market for a MSP is not in the top neither in the bottom of the market. There is a middle ground where middle sized companies would like to have 3D models and at the same time they don´t consider wise investing in a camera or they cannot afford it. In these cases you can charge more per sqft without risking the camera vs service price comparison.

I wouldn't take one big RE company purchasing cameras as a negative sign at all. It will create more awareness and a "me too" effect in the smaller firms. Go after the smaller ones!
Post 15 IP   flag post
They are looking at purchasing 20 cameras.
Post 16 IP   flag post
@integratedman here..Canada on duty....I think Jorge makes a great comment our market is definitely in the middle..I have not heard DIRECTLY that Sotheby's have purchased their own camera..this would not surprise me, I have been in contact with one of their offices just outside of Toronto and the agent appreciated that i had made contact and is just waiting for right listing to use our service..time will tell...
Post 17 IP   flag post
Well, 20 cameras for 50 properties/week seems like an exageration.
Besides they will have to pay an interesting amount of monthly fees.
Who knows, perhaps you will have the opportunity of purchasing 20 used cameras at a very nice price in a few months!

@Integratedman: thank you very much for your info! I will be in Montreal next week trying to move things there. My partner in Montreal told me that Sotheby's in Quebec had purchased cameras....but you know, Quebec is not Canada! (just joking
Post 18 IP   flag post
jorge..thats funny!!!..TY for understanding Canadian culture...
Post 19 IP   flag post
101425 19 19
This topic is archived. Start new topic?