Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,033 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 40 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceMarketing

Vacation Rentals using Matterport?2858

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
If you have a vacation rental as a client, what is the top reason why the vacation rental - owner or property management company - decided to use Matterport Spaces 3D tours?

One of our real estate agent clients owns a bungalow in Atlanta that she rents for film/TV production people from LA and NY that are working on projects in Atlanta for a few months.

www.723oaklandavenue.info

She likes that the Matterport Space also include VR viewing.

Between longer terms rentals, she uses the Matterport Space 3D Tour for corporate and leisure travelers that just need a place to stay for a few days or week.

What I particularly like about this example is that it is the owner of the bungalow: not a property management company.

Okay. Time for your top reason why your clients -- owners or property management company -- are using Matterport for their vacation rentals?

Best,

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
kenangiguere private msg quote post Address this user
It's the best way to explore a vacation rental prior to booking, and as a refresher before guest arrival. Used for all properties here. Http://www.nantucketretreats.com
Post 2 IP   flag post
JohnBecker private msg quote post Address this user
I do work for a company that manages over 600 vacation rental cabins in the Great Smoky Mountains of eastern Tennessee. Because their clientele come from all over the south (and all over the world), it's a great advantage to be able to show potential guests exactly what they'll be renting. Eliminating uncertainty about what a cabin will really be like means more sales.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@kenangiguere
@JohnBecker

I could imagine that using Matterport Spaces 3D Tours to help potential guests make a booking, it also gives the property management company a competitive advantage to get more vacation rentals.

If I own a vacation home in Nantucket and want to rental it out to vacationers, I want to use a vacation property management company that is using Matterport to make it easier for potential vacation guests to know "exactly what they'll be renting." Seems like that would help with guest satisfaction too, meaning better online reviews and less hassle with guests.

Other reasons for vacation property management companies to use Matterport?

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
srennick private msg quote post Address this user
I just did a little vacation rental last week. My client wanted a 3D tour so that potential guests would feel more comfortable and more inclined to book a rental that they could view interactively. She actually wants to break away from her property management company. Having a single property website with us (we use WP3D Models) allows the 3D tour to be front and center and of course photos, pricing, property descriptions, ect. can all be added to tell the whole story. We are both hopeful that the capability for guests to book reservations and pay deposits will be an added function at some point. We are looking into it...
Post 5 IP   flag post
Namecomingsoon private msg quote post Address this user
Vaca rentals 👌🏻. It made me think of a pool of potential business...Airbnb!
Post 6 IP   flag post
Helen private msg quote post Address this user
As vacation rentals would be a model that is hosted for an extended time, what do you charge for on going hosting?
Post 7 IP   flag post
JohnBecker private msg quote post Address this user
Another reason for using Matterport for vacation rentals is as leverage to gain more rentals to manage. This is true for real estate agents as well - the tour isn't just for listing clients and potential buyers, it's for the agent's listing presentation. If an agent, or rental management company, can present a potential client with something that clearly outdoes the competition, that's a big plus when it comes to selling services.

(I just re-read Dan's post above... sounds like we're on the same page!)
Post 8 IP   flag post
Viewing private msg quote post Address this user
If my vacation rental is already listed one or more other site, is the availability calendar still live and accurate or does the owner have to manually update availability via your site somehow?
Post 9 IP   flag post
101421 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?