Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Business PlanMarketingRealtorsStrategyTips

Cold calling and knocking on doors2855

cire385 private msg quote post Address this user
To the Realtors out there.

What is your thought on photographers and or MSP showing up at your office selling you on their services?

I have had a decent amount of luck with Facebook ads, Yelp, Google and starting to build repeats & word of mouth.

However, I am wondering, during my down time, if I should start dropping by offices and pitching my services?

I used to be on the other side where I would have sales people stop by my office all the time trying to sell something and always hated dealing with them. Now that I am on the other end I am wondering if that would be an effective use of my time?

Thanks for the input.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Louisville, KY
JohnLoser private msg quote post Address this user
Back in the day when I was selling other stuff, I had a seasoned pro tell me this about cold calling:

You cold call to make an appointment to talk with them about your product at a later time. Give them a hint, a teaser, and leave them with a sell sheet, but DON'T try to sell them on a cold call. They will give you 5 minutes right now, but maybe they will give you 30 minutes to an hour at a later time that is convenient to them.

I actually find this works. Last week, I had a 30 minute sit down that will result in a future sale. (A new business opening in a few months and he wants to give the customers a chance to see the store before it opens. We talked about how his 3DTour can be leveraged into free news stories as well.)

I asked for an appointment on the cold call. We'll get business from the appointment.
Post 2 IP   flag post
DouglasMeyers private msg quote post Address this user
That is my biggest way of getting it done.

The first and mostly only person you will meet there is the receptionist. she will give you a few mintues so make them count.
I have a half page flyer that I leave with business cards.
I take my pad in and have a doll house view already pulled up and ready to show. Most of the time they say wow thats cool then I shift it to when do you do sales meeting and how can I get the privilege to speak at one and who might I talk to about that.
And tell her you will bring treats to the meeting that is a great ice breaker and the Agents love any kind of free food (donuts...bagels...etc...) you will almost never meet the agents just walking in.
I also do e-mail blast before I go out and use the same flyer that they get so when they see it in person it rings a bell that they just saw this in an e-mail...
GOOD LUCK OUT THERE... Where is your business ?
Douglas
Post 3 IP   flag post
I saw you are in TX... we started the same month...
Post 4 IP   flag post
cire385 private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks John & Douglas for the Input and advice.

I am near Galveston Tx about 30 minutes south of Houston.

I see you are in Boon NC I grew up in Johnson City. It's been about 15 years since I've been back. I still miss the four seasons and the mountains.
Post 5 IP   flag post
My sister is in Johnson City..
Post 6 IP   flag post
3rd Party
Service
Myrtle Beach, SC
ArtisticConcepts private msg quote post Address this user
The world is a small place. My first scan was in Johnson City. :-) I'm just down the road in Surgoinsville.
Post 7 IP   flag post
davidpylyp private msg quote post Address this user
Biggest attraction is a Lunch and learn
Buy Pizza and Pop

Add a Teaser on Helping them Get the Listing

Feed them and they will come to listen
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
I just did a Skype chat with a new Member of the We Get Around Referral Network.

The Member starting a Matterport Service Provider business and is cold calling real estate agents.

He likes people. He likes the process of cold calling.

What advice would you have given him? (Either about cold calling or a different marketing strategy?)

Thanks,

Dan
Post 9 IP   flag post
101429 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?