Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 488 Unique Visitors
9,045 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 33,567 Page Views | 18,421 Unique Visitors | 26 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
MuseumsVirtual Reality

VR for large spaces2829

BrettMtn private msg quote post Address this user
Had an inquiry from a potential client to scan a factory (70k sq ft). They are mostly interested in using the tour for VR viewing. Has anyone with large spaces had any issues with coreVR? The FAQ on the matterport site said that spaces with over 200 scans can encounter issues in processing and may need the customVR version. This would obviously add a huge expense to the cost ($250 + $0.15/sq ft.) which for a space that size would break the bank.

I don't want to promise or sell something I can't deliver so any insight would be helpful from those who have experience with spaces that large.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Integratedman private msg quote post Address this user
As I am also looking to do a space similar size but office environment I will sit back with great interest here and watch. ..
Post 2 IP   flag post
ScanMan private msg quote post Address this user
Iv'e noticed on the current VR conversions ( the free ones) that some smaller rooms on my scans like toilets and closets don't have the option to enter. However I didn't experience this problem with the VR conversions I ordered from mp2vr.com
Post 3 IP   flag post
Standard
Wandsworth U.K.
RobinLycka private msg quote post Address this user
70k Sqft? I´d suggest getting a Ricoh theta or samsung gear vr and create the VR manually.
Post 4 IP   flag post
@3dscannuk I have the Theta, but haven't done any VR with it other than a single still image. Is there a solution for stitching the images together that you know of? Also, any suggestions for pricing a space that size?
Post 5 IP   flag post
This is what you need for your Theta - https://www.immoviewer.com/we-get-around-referral-network/
Post 6 IP   flag post
thanks @scanman curious how you (or anyone else) would price a 360VR tour differently from a matterport tour? It seems like it would be less work to create. Is there anything I'm missing?
Post 7 IP   flag post
Iv'e not any experience quoting for theta tours. I use it mainly as a comparison tool to show clients how superior Matterport is. Its a budget service perhaps for the clients who don't/can't afford a Matterport tour. Theta could be aimed at the rental market.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Standard
Wandsworth U.K.
RobinLycka private msg quote post Address this user
@BrettMtn With a 360 VR tour with a manual camera, you can move further. Pricing would depend on the layout of the venue. If it´s just one large hall, for trade shows etc, it´s obviously a lot easier to do than if there are 70 rooms you need to show. Either way, I would´t have enough experience with manual tours to price it either.
Post 9 IP   flag post
101587 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?