Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 28 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
DouglasMeyers private msg quote post Address this user
So I have a client that has a C.A.D drawing.
Can this be converted in to our 3D Model ?
Post 1 IP   flag post
3D Renderings
AEC Elevation Drawings
Montreal, Québec
ArchimedStudio private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Douglas,

What do you mean/need/want? What's in your client's CAD drawing? Do you know?

We work with CAD drawings everyday (from architects or designers) turning 2D plans into 3D renderings...

Let me know if we can help you,

Matt
Post 2 IP   flag post
RRapp private msg quote post Address this user
Sure. Or I should say "it depends".

IF it's an AutoCAD drawing (with a .dwg file extension) then you can simply open it in AutoCAD and use the CHPROP command (for CHange PROPerties). Select the lines that represent the walls, choose Thickness, then enter a new height such as 8' (feet) or 96" (inches). In my posted example you'd get an 8 foot high doorway too, but that's another lesson. ;-)

Finally, the question. What kind of CAD file are you dealing with?

Post 3 IP   flag post
DouglasMeyers private msg quote post Address this user
What is your number or site and perhaps I'll just give him your info for the job.
Thanks
Post 4 IP   flag post
RRapp private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Doug.

Not sure if you meant that for me or Doug but I can be reached at roger dot rapp at yahoo dot com or by phone at 832 693 0110

I just re-read your original query and you said "our" 3D Model. So I have questions similar to Doug... Are you or your client wanting to convert this drawing into a model that usable in Matterport? If that's the case, I don't think it's possible with any existing technology.
You can get an OBJ file out of Matterport, but not the other way around (again, so far as I know).
Post 5 IP   flag post
3D Renderings
AEC Elevation Drawings
Montreal, Québec
ArchimedStudio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRapp
Are you or your client wanting to convert this drawing into a model that usable in Matterport? If that's the case, I don't think it's possible with any existing technology.
You can get an OBJ file out of Matterport, but not the other way around (again, so far as I know).

Unfortunately, I don't think it's possible either. It's possible to use the 3D model generated from a Matterport Space, and then export it to another engine (Unreal for example), but the end result is not a Matterport virtual tour anymore.

My email is mdelarue at archimed-studio dot com.

Matt
Post 6 IP   flag post
Standard
Wandsworth U.K.
RobinLycka private msg quote post Address this user
@DouglasMeyers We do these models for new builds and developments: http://www.3dscann.co.uk/3d-new-build-residential/

The technology provider is called Archilogic.
Post 7 IP   flag post
101641 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?