Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3D ShowcaseAdviceBusiness PlanMarketing

Success story w/MP other than real estate?2664

oliverhuen private msg quote post Address this user
Hi all, I am wondering is there any specific data that proving the Matterport service increase sales? Or increase user engagement on the website?? I am a Matterport user that planing to explore the opportunity of 3D virtual experience other than real estate business. Like event planning? It would be good to hear more about any successful story and sharing here. Thanks
Post 1 IP   flag post
GardinerW private msg quote post Address this user
I would also be interested in hearing feedback on this.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
Denver
pixelray private msg quote post Address this user
Home remodels - before and after - (two jobs) =)
Post 3 IP   flag post
DSPhoto private msg quote post Address this user
pixelray,

One of the problems I am trying to solve is how to cover the subscription fee we have to pay Matterport.

After a certain amount of time the profit from the job will be absorbed by the cost of hosting. Have you done anything like licensing/ hosting for a set amount of time with an option to renew?

Thanks
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
Denver
pixelray private msg quote post Address this user
I charge a yearly hosting fee to help absorb those costs. To me, the yearly hosting charge is a cost of doing business - but I do try and offset it with yearly hosting charges for tours that will stay up indefinitely or longer than a year. I also charge that upfront. No monthly - just yearly. Much easier for me anyway.
Post 5 IP   flag post
DSPhoto private msg quote post Address this user
I agree with it being a cost of doing business but definitely feel, like images and videos, the licensing is in addition to the production. Licensing is based on how many people will view the work and should be priced accordingly while hosting is merely covering a cost. Actually, both should be charged or at-least hosting mentioned as a part of production.

By not listing a yearly hosting fee your are selling yourself short. If the client wants to use the model for 3 years then they would pay for production including hosting for a set amount, licensing and 2 years of additional hosting. If you don't itemize the hosting upfront adding additional hosting could be perceived as being greedy by the client because it was never mentioned before but now it is being brought up.

All licensing should have a limit. Especially since we have no control over the storage of the content. Suppose MP went out of business or lost data. As a client I'd want my money back.
Post 6 IP   flag post
101436 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?