Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 30 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
StevenHattan private msg quote post Address this user
It looks like you're pissing off a LOT of people!

Are you REALLY that naive to think you don't have a responsibility to your service providers?

I can TOTALLY see the beginning of a HUGE backlash...and it's happening pretty quickly.

Could you imagine the current support you have turning their backs on you and actually working AGAINST you...which is exactly what you're doing to your supporters?

I don't have a problem with any of the decisions you all have made...but from a person looking from the outside in, all I'm seeing is the beginning of a movement against you.

Hind-site is staring at you in the eyes RIGHT NOW. Is your response going to be "[redacted]" or are you going to deal with the concerns of your supporters?

With that said, I've had issues during my relationship with you and the support was beyond excellent...BEYOND EXCELLENT. Perhaps it's time to expand the experience you've provided for me to the rest of your supporters.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Hartland, Wisconsin
htimsabbub23 private msg quote post Address this user
I personally have told many many people I would of never bought a matterport if I would of known the company behind it. They are like dating a woman that knows she's beautiful. Looks perfect from the outside, but the woman is a complete B to be in a relationship with.
Post 2 IP   flag post
JC3DCX private msg quote post Address this user
I share the same sentiment and feeling as htimsabbub23. Had I known then what I know now I would have made a different decision in purchasing a Matterport camera. Now that I have spent a small fortune I need to make it work but would have been more satisfied if all the 3rd party apps were still alive. We need those features to be able to make business work and sell a "product" to clients.

South Africa is a huge ready to harvest market but I will definitely advise people against buying a camera until Matterport wakes up and start looking at us, the current users and supporters. We really want to use the technology and give the best possible to our clients but Matterport is shooting us and them in the foot
Post 3 IP   flag post
@htimsabbub23...I wonder how camera sales would DROP if you sent an email blast to ALL the Realtors in your town saying what you just said?

Or even better...I wonder what would happen if EVERY Realtor in EVER SERVICE PROVIDERS geographic area were to see the discontent, anger, bull, back stabbing, blah blah that Matterport seems to be undertaking against the people they've sold to?

$4,500 is not chump change to MOST Realtors. It would take 1/100th of the energy (compared to their sales people) to talk Realtors into NOT buying a camera...especially if they got a glimpse of what is happening behind the scenes.

If I were on the fence or even THINKING of purchasing a camera from a sales person and then found out about their business practices I WOULD NOT BUY A CAMERA...PERIOD.

Matterport...C'mon!!! Whether you like it or not you need to STOP the direction your heading regarding your service providers and start COMMUNICATING.

Makes me wonder...

Could a service provider provide more reasons to buy a camera or NOT buy a camera?

C'mon Matterport!!!
Post 4 IP   flag post
GeorgeK private msg quote post Address this user
I view Matterport like I do most new technologies. They are struggling to make this work. All of the things I have seen that were / are negative, Matterport is working to fix.

You /we, are here at the "start up." I pretty much have got what I expected and I see things getting better as time goes on.

As a Broker who was their planned end user when they started, I am happy to have the system and have gained attention owning it that I would not have otherwise had.

I am looking for more ways to use it instead of spending time on the perceived negatives of system or company. My cleints are not exposed to this, they are exposed to the scans.

At least in my market the demand seems to be growing for the system.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Matterport has helped me put money INTO my pocket, no doubt...AND...I have absolutely NO issues with them.

It's always easy to be negative and things can get messy quickly.

I absolutely DON'T want a backlash from MSP's. Instead, I'd love to see a little more communication between all parties.

The lack of communication DESTROYS marriages. We're all in this together and I'd hate to see a lack of communications and intentions be the beginning of the end in an extremely competitive business.

I wonder how many MSP's would jump ship if another ship sailed into the area...a ship that offers lobster instead of carp???

C'mon Matterport...talk to us...YOU CAN DO IT!!!!
Post 6 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
@GeorgeK I totally agree with you. At the end of the day, I'm making $ on my scans and my clients love them and that's what's important.

@StevenHattan I really appreciate some of these statements:

With that said, I've had issues during my relationship with you and the support was beyond excellent...BEYOND EXCELLENT.

It's always easy to be negative and things can get messy quickly.

Because I too have had a WONDERFUL relationship with Matterport as a company -- even with them rendering 3 of my tools useless, asking me to remove MatterXport and ultimately asking me to take down MP2SV.com.

People might think I'm crazy - but at no point has ANYONE at Matterport been anything but extremely civil, kind and complimentary to me. I'm not stupid and one to allow abuse when flattered -- I really do believe that there are a lot of GREAT people behind Matterport.

So in saying this, I really think that we are at a critical crossroads with Matterport. Their terms of service is broken and I think that we as a community have done things that that did not expect us to do and that they do NOT know what to do with.

--

The BEST way to shut down MP2VR is to release VR via Matterport.com that is BETTER than MP2VR and more affordable. In the meantime, MP2VR is filling a gap that Matterport created by promising VR years before it was ready.

The BEST way to shut down 'mp2facebook' by Howner is to have a publish a panorama to Facebook feature in Workshop that generates the image with a Matterport Logo on it.

The BEST way to shut down MP2SV and Howner Workshop is to provide a way for people to download the panoramas via Workshop - or to offer a program through Matterport for publishing to street view wherein Matterport partners with Google Trusted Photographers / Agencies to publish the photography and offers it at a GOOD rate with a quality guarantee. The author of every Street View would be 'MATTERPORT'.

The BEST way to shut down MP2SQFT is to offer the feature in Workshop.

--

@StevenHattan: C'mon Matterport... talk to us... YOU CAN DO IT!!!!

I agree. Well, I don't need Matterport to talk to us. That'll kill the magic. I agree that they can do all of this and do it better than we can without the need to enforce a terms of service or shut down 3rd party services.

Matterport can do this better than we can and I look forward to seeing them do it.

My biggest fear with any of my tools was that I'd make the tool and then Matterport would render it silly after making something better -- not that they'd want the tool to go offline

I am EXTREMELY optimistic about the future of Matterport. This is just an ugly chapter right now and I cannot wait for a resolution that will allow the dust to settle so we can all just get on with our lives and keeping scanning and helping each other enjoy working with our cameras!
Post 7 IP   flag post
bonduell private msg quote post Address this user
I am sure that big company like Matterport never can do things like small 3d party vendors. We are faster and more creativity. Everyday we face-to-face with real market and working hard to bring our best to clients. Every day we are looking for a new market opportunities. Open source and API for 3d party vendors are the best things what Matterport could do for growing up their business.
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
New Brighton, PA
frstbubble private msg quote post Address this user
After reading the posts above especially @bonduell the key takeaway is Matterport would thrive not by gouging us for every add-on but by enabling third-party development.
Post 9 IP   flag post
jntooker private msg quote post Address this user
Out of curiosity, does anyone know why MP chose to disable 3rd party SW? I understand the T&C have been violated but does anyone have any idea if they are actually opposed to 3rd party development? In other words, what is their motivation - is this a power play or a failure to adapt?
Post 10 IP   flag post
fsmith private msg quote post Address this user
I believe it is based on a fear of losing control. These types of decisions are usually taken high up in an organization.
Post 11 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@jntooker

I re-posted your question in this new discussion ...

Matterport: Why Kill Other Tools/Solutions?

Dan
Post 12 IP   flag post
101634 12 12
This topic is archived. Start new topic?