Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceGetting StartedNewbies

Need Help with WP3D Yoast SEO2566

vchelf private msg quote post Address this user
The models I have scanned are in residential neighborhoods - typical suburbia homes. I've only scanned a few models, but I am now a HUGE fan of WP3D.

I am trying to work on the SEO section on my pages (Yoast SEO). I am at a loss for what I should put in to the Meta Description and Focus Keyword fields. Any recommendations on what to enter?

My main page is http://www.vchelf.com

Any help is appreciated.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Missoula, MT
rpetersn private msg quote post Address this user
Hi @vchelf!

First off, thank you for your note here and I'm so pleased to hear that you are enjoying using WP3D Models.

One quick note re: Yoast SEO is to do a quick check to make sure you have your installation configured per our WP3D Models Documentation.

Now, on to your questions...

When it comes to SEO (I'd love to hear what other have to say here on this topic) I believe that this is part art and part science.

One thing to remember is that you don't HAVE to get the "green circle" that is provided by Yoast. These colored dots are provided to help you make sure your content is focused, but isn't a black-and-white, good-or-bad indicator.

Here is some great reading re: the "Meta Description":
https://yoast.com/meta-descriptions/

Additionally, here's an article re: "Focus Keywords":
https://yoast.com/focus-keyword/

I hope this information helps and look forward to hearing if you have any remaining questions!

Cheers,

Ross Peterson
WP3D Models
Post 2 IP   flag post
danmorell private msg quote post Address this user
Hi @vchelf,

You bring up a great question which has puzzled many. @rpetersn put it best, SEO is one bit art or personal style and one bit analysis/science.

There are many approaches to SEO in finding what you should put in the different areas to ensure you're optimized following today's best practices?

You're headed the right direction being Meta Descriptions and the right keyword (KW) set for each page. Make sure to include the title tag as well.

I'll outline below some first steps to review to help generate your kw analysis to help generate your unique meta description, titles and content on a per page basis.

Generating Keywords
Research your competition kw's to initially start working from. This would include Matterport.com as well as others who appear on the first page of search results for terms you want to rank for.
Drop your initial kw's into Google's kw tool for other terms. Repeat this step a couple more times to find further kw's.
Once you have your kw's, review the traffic, competitive saturation and look for areas you feel you can slip into rank for.
Drop your kw's into "buckets" representing unique pages on your website.
Then, start generating your direction for each component of each page.

Some general resource pages
MOZ Title Tag
MOZ Meta Description

This process can be extensive depending on your goals. I just wanted to quickly give some of my thoughts before running out. If you have more detailed questions, please feel free to DM me.

Hope this helps a little bit.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Missoula, MT
rpetersn private msg quote post Address this user
Great post @danmorell - really nice.
Post 4 IP   flag post
vchelf private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks for the help @rpetersn and @danmorell! I have an initial start and can work on tweaking the keywords over time.
Post 5 IP   flag post
101428 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?