Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 30 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceAirbnbHomeAwayVRNO

Airbnb, VRBO and HomeAway: Tactical Help2457

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

Screen grab: https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/12155038?s=ULlDWHqc

On Wednesday (17 August 2016) We Get Around scanned a charming intown Atlanta bungalow for a homeowner that lists with Airbnd and HomeAway.

What tactical direction do I need to give the homeowner to have the Matterport Space 3D Tour embeded or as a link in Airbnd and HomeAway (and VRBO for others)?

In reviewing previous Matterport User Group Forum threads on this topic ....

Tours on VRBO, VHR, and AirBnB
Monthly Recurring Revenue versus 1x Payments
Examples wanted: Airbnb, VRBO, etc.
Airbnb

... I noticed that @fsmith posted these two Airbnb examples where the Matterport Spaces are embedded in the listing.

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/12155038?s=ULlDWHqc
https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/12292174?s=x4HqawiY

What tactical direction - screen grabs - do I give the homeowner so that the listing looks like these?

Or, do you think these above links are Matterport and Airbnd testing before rolling out how to do this?

I noticed in the same discussion that @rpetersn included a screen grab showing Links to more information. While not our first choice, that's better than nothing.

What tactical direction - screen grab on the back end - do I give the homeowner so that the listing can look like this?

Other discussion about Matterport meets vacation rentals at a tactical "how to" implementation level?

Thanks,

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
Standard
Wandsworth U.K.
RobinLycka private msg quote post Address this user
I´ve contacted them as I have several vacation rentals scanned for our own AirBnb listings.

It´s part of a beta program called Sonoma Select, and it´s by invitation only.

https://skift.com/2016/04/27/airbnb-tests-hotel-style-packaging-and-amenities-in-sonoma-ca/
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@3DscannUK

Thank you for the article. Much appreciated.

Any news to share about your outreach?

-----

I asked Matterport Support to read this thread. Their reply:

---

Hello Dan,

Homeowners or scanners would need to reach out to AirBnb or Homeaway directly to get Matterport embeds on the page. We advise to reach out directly to their market manager or their main contact at AirBnb for this service.

Warm Regards,
[redacted name]

---

Seems like Matterport should be championing this initiative with Airbnb, HomeAway (VRBO), etc.: not asking each of us individually - or our clients - to reach out.

Is it just me that thinks like this?

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
Standard
Wandsworth U.K.
RobinLycka private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod Sorry, I wasn´t being very clear.

I reached out and they replied that it was a beta program, embedding Matterport spaces would be by invitation only.

It´s kind of annoying that they´re not just making it publicly available, because they´ve obviously built support for it, Matterport has even adapted their CSS with a smaller logo etc.

I guess what we could do is try to put some figures together and send an email to Airbnb.

I´ve got 9 apartments that are already listed on AirBnB and have MP spaces available. I also have an agency in London that would get their properties scanned if it was possible to publish on AirBnB, they manage around hundred properties at the moment.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Hopscotch private msg quote post Address this user
Hi all, good discussion, so I checked out the 38 rental listings in the Sonoma Select pilot program (you can slide over a tab and filter your view so that you see just those listings - see attached).

Although I didn't look at all of them, it was apparent to me that they had a few objectives for these listings:

1) capture as much of the outdoor spaces as possible
2) have a standardized highlight reel/walkthrough tour approach
3) auto-launch (no pressing play)
4) don't callout the virtual tour, simply integrate it
5) Matterport exclusive branding (use the unbranded tour code)

My first impression was that it was great to see a Matterport space on Airbnb, but I was really surprised that it seemed to be in lieu of what is typically done with links, i.e. dropping the link into a field for "Virtual Tour" on an MLS site. I certainly liked that it was front and center, but noticed a few things as well. Airbnb's including a virtual tour, but they're also integrating it like it's just part of the site design...for MPS's this begs more questions than it answers.

One thing I found a bit strange was the tour's arrow buttons minus the pop-up reel. Clicking forwards to the next sweep spot in the tour via the blue fly-through, which distracts from the visuals when the distances are further between scans (more seconds spent viewing mesh). It doesn't bother me when it's simply playing, but without a reel with labeled thumbnails to skip to a specific area, it wasn't my fave. I think the option for clear navigation to a specific area, more like the 360°'s would be more effective. Maybe they didn't have a chance to test with that yet, but it might give more spatial context to the images given that dollhouse and floor plan views are turned off.
Post 5 IP   flag post
101635 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?