Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
eBlastsMatterport Workshop

Matterport Workshop Support Chrome and Edge2383

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
The Matterport Team sent the following eblast to its clients on Monday, 8 August 2016.

Your thoughts?

Best,

Dan

---

Reminder: New Workshop Platform Launching in 2 Days

The new Workshop platform is coming Wednedsay [8 August 2016].

Dear Matterport Customer,

On Wednesday, August 10 [2016], we are transitioning to a new Workshop platform that will support Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, and other major browsers. It requires no additional plugins, giving you a completely web-based, even more reliable way to edit your Spaces.

During the transition, all Matterport Spaces and 3D Showcases will remain viewable.

All data created in Workshop (Snapshots, Measurements, Labels, Highlight Reel, Mattertag Posts, etc.) before and during the transition will be retained, though you may need to republish edits if you are in Workshop during the update.

The new platform for Matterport Workshop is supported on the following browsers:

Microsoft has replaced Internet Explorer with its new default browser, Microsoft Edge, on Windows 10. Matterport Workshop will no longer be available on Internet Explorer after the transition on Wednesday. If your workflow relies on Internet Explorer, we recommend you upgrade to Windows 10 to use Edge or download an alternative browser, such as Google Chrome or Firefox.

Please note if you use Safari or Firefox, the copy and paste functions for text are currently not available. We are implementing a fix for this issue in the next few weeks.

Please review our FAQ and contact us at our support page if you have any questions.

Thanks,
The Matterport Team

Copyright © 2016 Matterport Inc., All rights reserved.
You're receiving this email as a Matterport customer.

Our mailing address is:

Matterport Inc.
352 East Java Drive
Sunnyvale, CA 94089
Post 1 IP   flag post
Hartland, Wisconsin
htimsabbub23 private msg quote post Address this user
About time! Running a software based on a platform that is so buggy the chrome team went out of their way to block it, is terrible business relations.

I am glad they are taking the initiative to have their product supported by the big guns (chrome and ME) hopefully this allows for a wider range of programmers to be brought Onto the matterport team, being that the html 5 source code is much more widely known. (if that's what they use) We could see a bunch of new features in a short amount of time!
Post 2 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
My thoughts: If they can make Showcase w/o Unity; it made sense that Workshop could be made w/o Unity too

I'm impressed at the Matterport team.

This being said -- and this is a sidenote that could spark a whole other conversation -- the shortcomings in Showcase caused me to start using Firefox again.

I discovered something quite interesting -- if I use Adobe Camera RAW and am photo processing and I open Chrome, ACR starts acting up -- it slows down. If I open Firefox, it does not affect performance. Thanks Matterport for making Firefox relevant again
Post 3 IP   flag post
jward private msg quote post Address this user
What is this firefox people speak of? :P My Goal is to be on the level of @metroplex360 Bring back the export! Still trying to figure out how to best manage my email notifications so that when Matterport sends out official mailings I don't get a frickin exact notification through here...
Post 4 IP   flag post
Vince_MccrayT private msg quote post Address this user
The reality is that Firefox will lag behind Chrome by 6 months to a year, requiring extensive pollyfills. Edge will be missing so many APIs you won't be able to support it however hard you struggle. You'll be forced to abandoned the utopia of "run everywhere" yet again, and declare Edge (along with Safari) are the new IE6.
Post 5 IP   flag post
101432 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?