Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,033 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
DouglasMeyers private msg quote post Address this user
So I have to clean out my i pad so I can do this 10,000'Sq foot home on Monday. The stuff that I have finished and is in the cloud (as it says it is) does that mean I can delete all of my tours that are done on my pad and if I need to do any touch ups i can reload them from the cloud...

Thanks All...
Post 1 IP   flag post
HarlanHambright private msg quote post Address this user
the next time a backup is done, iCloud will reflect your data as it resides on your device at that time, ergo, your then backed up models will be gone. that's why Dan sets up multiple apple accounts. Smart but a pain in the a$$.
Post 2 IP   flag post
So how and what do I do. ??? I don't quit understand how this works or what I need to do ???
Thanks
Post 3 IP   flag post
GarySnyder private msg quote post Address this user
The only simple way to backup your model on you iPad is to use iCloud. The issue with iCloud is every time you backup your iPad with iCloud your old file are written over. This is where the pain in the ass part come in.

Once you've filled your iPad and need to delete models you need to do a complete backup with iCloud. Once you've done that you'll need to setup/register a new account with iTunes to preserve your old models. So if your douglas.meyers@gmail.com, you need to setup a new account like douglas.meyers2@gmail.com. Make sure you login with that new ID into iTunes until you fill up your iPad. Then you need to go through the same process again but this time make it douglas.meyers3@gmail.com and so on.

Make sure you make a list of all the models that existed on your iPad for each unique registered account.

There is another way to do this but it's far to complex for most people to follow so this is the only safe way to do backups of your MP models.

I hope the above is clear, if your have any questions about the above procedure please feel free to reach out to me.

Good luck
Post 4 IP   flag post
Hartland, Wisconsin
htimsabbub23 private msg quote post Address this user
Has anyone done a jailbreak on the iPad to access root files, and copy the files from matterport root directory to an external hard drive?
Post 5 IP   flag post
franmts private msg quote post Address this user
@GarySnyder have you tried creating 5 or more iTunes accounts? I got to a 5th one months and couldn't proceed with further backups. It wouldn't log in, so I gave up and changed business model to offer less - unfortunately. Don't know if was just my case.

The jailbreak is the way to go.. I've been lazy to try this lately.. but I should soon.. maybe today!
Post 6 IP   flag post
Has someone tried iExplorer lately?
https://www.macroplant.com/iexplorer/
Post 7 IP   flag post
Hartland, Wisconsin
htimsabbub23 private msg quote post Address this user
I was able to jailbreak my iPad last night running 9.3.3 with tethered pangu method. After jailbreaking I installed ssh and was able to browse the. Ipad files from my computer using cyber duck. I then found the folder within matterport capture program called jobs. I moved one of the job files to the computer (one I didn't care if I screwed up) about 600mbs of data freed up on the iPad. I the moved it back and had full access again to the scan. Still working on a failsafe method, but this seems to be the right direction. If you'd like to ask questions or give me feedback you are welcome to inbox me or post on here.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Through iExplorer, without jailbreaking, I can see the same files, folders and move them freely..

One big question mark though: What happens when MP updates de App version/core functionalities? Second, can we back-up the job's specific App version?
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
New Brighton, PA
frstbubble private msg quote post Address this user
@franmts never heard of that will look into it! Could be gold for saving backing up scans.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Great @frstbubble, let us know your experience
Post 11 IP   flag post
I found a way of downloading previous versions of apps to raise the chance of compatibility in the future:
http://www.idownloadblog.com/2015/12/25/how-to-download-older-versions-of-ios-apps/

But I'm still somewhat skeptical it would be a failproof method looking at the big picture:

Consider we back-up some models today, then Matterport finally launches this new 360ยบ aditional pictures feature 8 months from now (LOL) as an updated app version. Everyone naturally updates. Then we offer the close clients to include the OUTDOORS for aditional 100 USD!! Well, am I too pessimist there's a good chance the sweeps registering technology got different, with new fields (like the "outdoor" field Metroplex raised days ago), and that MP processing algorithm won't understand the past sweeps and you just get a crash in the processing? This seems to me very likely to happen.

BEING REALISTIC AND STATISTICIAL - HAS SOMEONE SUCCESFULLY RE-PROCESSED A MODEL FROM MONTHS AGO THAT WAS BACKED-UP THROUGH ICLOUD?
Post 12 IP   flag post
@franmts

I use iExplorer and it works just fine. I've not been able to back just one of my models so I just backup the entire capture app which you can view with iExplorer. It does take a very long time and I dread to think how long it's going to take with my new 128G iPad Pro. I have also restored from iExplorer and it worked just fine I even up loaded the restored model to MP and all went very well. So far that is the only full proof system I have come across. One important point, I take a screen capture of the iPad to let me know what models are on the backup. as there is no other way I've found so far of telling what I've shoot although you can see the floor plans if you dig deep into the data.

I'd love to hear of any other successful solution. A programing friend that i knew did write a backup and restore program that worked a treat but decided that he did not want to support it with the constant changes taking place from Apple so that was the end of that.

I hope that is helpful.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Very good to know you had success @GarySnyder!

I suggest you to backup everything before updating to new app versions coming soon. I remember I once had issues with iCloud not being able to restore a large model (500+ scans) due to iPad not being able to download the good app version.. so I had to download the new app, without models, and give up on continue scanning. Your method seems great, and really failproof as long as MP do not create trouble processing scans from long before. Thanks for the great idea of backing-up all together! =]

For the 128Gb iPad... I suggest you backing-up smaller steps.. 32Gb maybe? If you need to redo one of the spaces, to restore 128Gb can truly be a big pain!

Have ever tried to backup the entire app+models, delete several models JUST on the backup, and then restore this smaller pack? Maybe this speeds up the restoring process.

Best!
Post 14 IP   flag post
@franmts

The problem is the way the file structure is organized within the capture app I can't seem to make any since out which area belongs to what model as the data seems to be combined in certain areas within the body of the capture app. I wish it was that simple that each model has it's own separate file but some files seem to house data from several models that why I have to backup the whole capture app. This friend of mine did figure it out but he will not disclose how and is no longer interest in playing with the data.
Post 15 IP   flag post
https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=xbFHAQSSdkw

So it took a long time to shoot over 10,000'Sq...
I had to clean out my i pad just to do it.

You know Matterport does not give out good opening advice (or maybe I did not see it) on what you really need to do to start this business using their stuff... but it is getting better on my end my agents love this new tech... I will not do any 360 videos cause I like this ten times better.
Thanks
Post 16 IP   flag post
101437 16 16
This topic is archived. Start new topic?