Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Advice

Does Matterport Read the MUG Forum?2268

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

Ever wonder if Matterport reads the Matterport User Group Forum?

The answer is YES! Your voice is heard! Right here!

I know that because I get take down requests within minutes of posts.

For example, last week a MUG Member posted about a Beta version of a Matterport feature that is not yet public. At the request of Matterport - and the MUG Member – I removed the post.

I have occasionally posted confidential info in the MUG Forum - by accident. (I have received Matterport emails that seems liked they went wide to Matterport customers, but actually only went to Beta testers.) Again, within minutes of my posts, I was asked to take down the posts (which I did).

Plus, many MUG Members have been recruited via Private Messages (PM) to participate in Matterport Beta tests. (The best way to be recruited is to be vocal in the MUG Forum about what's good/bad; what could be improved (and how).

The point of the above is that if you feel that have praise, suggestions, improvements, complaints and more for Matterport, Matterport is monitoring the MUG Forum posts closely. (That doesn't mean that they implement all the suggestions, improvements, but they do hear us.)

Probably a great example of listening - but not implementing (or, not implement yet) is scan archiving from the iPad as @JohnBecker reminds us in this post, Top 3 Questions to Ask Matterport Leadership.

That request was on a MUG Forum Wish List that I sent to Matterport nearly two years ago (and rated it as a high priority for MUG Members.)

I also included it in the MUG forum Top 20 "Wish List" for Matterport for 2016.

You do not need to reach out directly to Matterport to be heard (or ignored). Simply post to the MUG Forum!

Best,

Dan

P.S. More than a dozen Matterport employees are Members of the Matterport User Group Forum. Some of the pins on the map above are Matterport employees. Matterport offices include Sunnyvale and San Francisco.)
Post 1 IP   flag post
smcclell private msg quote post Address this user
I remember seeing the bubble of a "xxxmatterport" is writing a post in response to something I was keen to read feedback on from them...but they never completed it

Ghost in the machine!
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@smcclell

I'm not sure why Matterport chooses to lurk here rather than engage here. The MUG Forum is where to find the community of thousands of Matterport Pros and potential Matterport Camera buyers.

I have invited Matterport (many times) to participate in the community. I invited Peter to join so he could Private Message members to recruit beta testers.

I have invited them to participate in 20 Questions Live since the beginning of time. I wanted to kick off that MUG Forum feature interviewing one of the Founders about the tech.

Given that we have 8,600 different visitors monthly consuming 66,000 posts monthly, it seems like participating would enable them to sell more cameras, increase satisfaction and reduce support tickets.

MUG Member @jntooker posted a challenge this morning in this thread, I can't get back in the house!!, and she has had more than 12 posts helping solve her puzzle (and helping thousands of other visitors understand the challenge and solutions). That's even before MP support is open for biz (Monday through Friday 9 am to 5 pm PT).

Best,

Dan

P.S. The MUG Forum Knowledge Base is now 18,250 posts to 2,300 topics. In the next 12 months, we will do more than a million page views. The MUG Forum is THE place to give and get help. And, it's a free service presented by the We Get Around Referral Network.
Post 3 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
I believe Matterport does read the posts but like most of you I also would like to know why the they would be the lurking monsters that only raise their head to SCARE us!!!!!!!!!!!
Or I guess tease us by what they could do but don't, or like you point out and like several have pointed out the knowledge base is massive. Beta testers are great but again I love the open format to get new ideas. With beta testing you are getting great input but restricted to who is playing at the time. Even though Matterport attends Inman and several other conferences I would love to see Matterport to develop it own conference directed specifically for users, owners inventors. Let us meet the staff, let us understand the concerns they have, let us help. Great tool but every once in awhile the wizard can show his face and then the yellow brick road would be a little easier to follow. Again just my input and frustration.

Ron
Post 4 IP   flag post
StevenHattan private msg quote post Address this user
To me it's extremely OBVIOUS Matterport watches this site...and they absolutely LOVE the fact this site is free to them.

Participation is a balancing act for them as a corporation due to goals, politics, etc.

Whenever ANYONE makes a post keep in mind you're making it DIRECTLY to Matterport.

Here is my message to Matterport:

Please, please, PLEASE show your appreciation to Dan. It doesn't have to be made public...only you two need to know...because we BOTH know he is an INVALUABLE resource for you at corporate!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAN!!!
Post 5 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
Why not make it public then we know they are doing something other than just reading and using the ideas.

Ron
Post 6 IP   flag post
@ron0987 They are busy people. If I'm Matterport, I'm not going to get involved in forum discussions...or worse yet...identify who I am.

If that were to happen then they've just created themselves a nightmare because everyone will now have expectations from them.

It's simple common sense to handle things they way they are handled. I CERTAINLY wouldn't volunteer role as a Matterport employee on this forum.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
I think that Matterport gets valuable feedback from reading these forums, but by posting here too, it would establish a precident wherein they would not only HAVE to continue having a vocal presence here, but it may also cause distrust with the company. Imagine if the MP Facebook people, or the other Matterport Forum that exists then believes that Matterport has unfair alliances? Just bad for press.

Matterpot have a great forum internally. It's not better than MUG, it's completely different. They have friendly admins and the conversations there are more like a moderated Q&A. It's fun and it's the RIGHT place for Matterport to speak back.

I love knowing that Matterport are reading this forum! They let us do the talking! Dan is a great MC and no reason to change how things are around here. Imagine if the flying Spaghetti Monster showed up at a Pastafarianism event? (Yes, time to go to Google)
Post 8 IP   flag post
@Metroplex360 No need to Google...I'm all over that. May the Pasta be with you!
Post 9 IP   flag post
Jamie private msg quote post Address this user
Did his noodly appendage touch you? Haha
Post 10 IP   flag post
smcclell private msg quote post Address this user
All hail the flying Spaghetti Monster!
Post 11 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Matterport Founder Matt Bell emailed me this kind note Wednesday (12 August 2015) about Matterport User Group Forum Members "Wish Lists" --> Matterport ...

"Your forum members' feedback was very helpful in helping us choose and prioritize features for Showcase 2.0. It's great to have a passionate group of users who are eager to help shape the product."

Dan
Post 12 IP   flag post
101436 12 12
This topic is archived. Start new topic?