Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 823 Unique Visitors
9,049 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,558 Page Views | 18,831 Unique Visitors | 30 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Advice

HELP!!!!! Which Blog do you follow?2262

ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
This is frustrating and I am trying to see what the rest of you are doing. I posted today about Mattertags, and raised the question to bring in @Petermatterport, not to my surprise he answered. GREAT but the response was not what I was looking for and also surprised me. He posed the response in if I would have been following the Official Blog thru Matterport I would have had better information. So my time is limited and following one blog is time consuming, but multiple blogs are some what mind boggling. I am currently following, this one closely, I am following LinkedIn, Several photography forums, Autodesk, two scanning forums and a forensic forum. So does anyone follow this one and Matterports Official Blog, which has the best information and why can't we all just get along and meet in one place?

Ron
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@ron0987

I follow the Matterport User Group Forum.

I our community of MPeeps that's about getting and giving help.

In less than two years:

18,200 posts among 2,300 topics - all searchable using the search box powered by Google.

In June (2016), we had 8,600 different visitors. That's a lot of people that either have the camera and seeking answers or thinking about buying the camera and seeking answers. Plus, (I could imagine that the MUG Forum helps reduce the number of calls and emails to Matterport Support.)

Plus, our community is highly responsive. When MPeeps get stuck in the field and post that it is an emergency, many Members jump in - and in real time.

I usually get a couple of emails a week from people grateful to get help (and then start giving help too.

I do enjoy the blog, Photography For Real Estate. Many of the posts are helpful to MUG Forum community members and I (try) to post them here.

BTW, as of now (9:45 pm EDT Tuesday, 26 July 2106), the Matterport User Group Forum has 1,658 Members in 67 countries.

And, thank you for being an active Member of MUG since early September 2014. (I started the MUG Forum 19 August 2014.)

Best,

Dan

P.S. In the last 24 hours, the MUG Forum was viewed by 1,384 different visitors.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Dan,
You are no HELP, just kidding, you just gave me another link to another blog with great info. MY HEAD hurts

Ron
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Ron0987

You will find the answer to the Mattertags question here.

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
smcclell private msg quote post Address this user
This is by far the best Matterport forum I have found. I don't bother with most others except the official one and that's just to put in suggestions n stuff...here is where it gets real!
Post 5 IP   flag post
I think I have a better chance in seeing Big Foot than Mattertags Dan.

Ron
Post 6 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
If you want an answer from Matterport, post in the Matterport forums. If you want speculation, post here. Or make theories on who is beta testing and measure the silence. [shrugs]

Ron: Have faith and be patient -- and sign up on the Matterport Forum and post exactly what you've posted here. You have a client and the business hinges on links in Matterport. Ask that if there's any opportunity to beta test upcoming features that you be considered. If there is an opportunity, you'll sign an NDA and get to try out all of the amazing features that are super secret (like the furniture planner feature that we saw a video of a few years ago -- j/k).

And while we're on the topic ... what happened to that idea? I LOVED IT AND CAN'T WAIT FOR IT TO BE REAL!!!!! I actually MAKE a furniture planner (www.easyifp.com) that is strictly 2D and I'm kind of excited about Matterport being a viable alternate solution for my customers. I have heard no discussion, seen no news, and have no expectations of it being more than an idea.
Post 7 IP   flag post
101600 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?