Insta360 X4 and X5 Won’t Connect to Zillow 3D Home App On Site: Any Ideas?21731
Pages:
1|
Managing Editor and Publisher of WGAN Forum and WGAN-TV Podcast Fairfield, California |
TomSparks private msg quote post Address this user | |
| Hi All, My Insta360 X4 and Insta360 X5 would not connect to the Zillow 3D Home app over WiFi at a job site the other day. Both cameras failed on both an iOS phone and an Android phone. Back at my office, both cameras connect to the app with no problem. Has anyone experienced this, and what was the fix? What happened at the property? I was getting ready to shoot a Zillow 3D Home tour of an 1,800 sq ft house on 3 acres, so there were not many neighbors around. Cell service in the area was not great, but not the worst either. Neither the Insta360 X4 nor the Insta360 X5 would connect to the Zillow 3D Home app. What troubleshooting steps did I try? - Both cameras: Insta360 X4 and Insta360 X5 - Both phones: iOS and Android - Connecting through the Zillow 3D Home app - Connecting manually to the camera's WiFi in the phone's WiFi settings - Switching the phone to airplane mode and then connecting to the camera's WiFi. That gave me an error saying I needed cell service. Nothing worked on any combination. Frustrated, I gave up and left. Do the cameras connect anywhere else? Yes. I just tried both cameras from the Zillow 3D Home app here in the office, and they both connect. So the cameras, the phones, and the app all work. Something about that location was different. Could a nearby cell tower block Insta360 WiFi? This is the only clue I have. There appeared to be a cell tower right behind the house. It was not a typical large tower. It was a smaller one with maybe three antennas. I'm not sure that was the cause, but I have no other explanation. My questions for the WGAN Community - Has anyone had an Insta360 camera refuse to connect to the Zillow 3D Home app at one location but work fine elsewhere? - Can a nearby cell tower or other RF interference knock out a 360 camera's WiFi connection? - Is there a workaround so I can still complete the shoot on site? Thanks in advance for any insight. Best, Tom |
||
| Post 1 IP flag post | ||
|
CLUB Member Coeur d'Alene, Idaho |
lilnitsch private msg quote post Address this user | |
| App up to date? last iOS update was 3 weeks ago for version 2026.13.1 other thing I would try would be camera firmware The Z1 is my goto for Zillow tours ~ Ricoh in the early days actually helped co-develop the Zillow capture app |
||
| Post 2 IP flag post | ||
|
Managing Editor and Publisher of WGAN Forum and WGAN-TV Podcast Fairfield, California |
TomSparks private msg quote post Address this user | |
| @lilnitsch App is up to date on both. i didn't check camera firmware (I will) but it connected when I got back to my office and it had no issues. I have the z1 and theta x, i'm going to add them to my bag now thanks, tom |
||
| Post 3 IP flag post | ||
|
CLUB Member Coeur d'Alene, Idaho |
lilnitsch private msg quote post Address this user | |
| @TomSparks The Z1 has a faster capture time compared the the theta X I have 3 Z1’s & a theta x that live in my camera bag & tend to hot swap cameras from shoot to shoot |
||
| Post 4 IP flag post | ||
Pages:
1














