OpenAI Dots: How I Used It to Clean Up My Inbox21727
Pages:
1|
Managing Editor and Publisher of WGAN Forum and WGAN-TV Podcast Fairfield, California |
TomSparks private msg quote post Address this user | |
![]() OpenAI Dots: How I Used It to Clean Up My Inbox Has anyone else here started using OpenAI Dots? I've been testing it on my own email, and I want to share what I did and hear how other WGAN members are putting it to work. What is OpenAI Dots? OpenAI Dots are always-on AI agents that live inside ChatGPT. OpenAI announced them at DevDay on September 29, 2026. The difference from a regular ChatGPT conversation is that a Dot keeps working after you close the chat. Each Dot runs on its own cloud computer with its own browser, connects to more than 4,000 apps through plugins, and can be reached through ChatGPT, Slack, or Microsoft Teams. Dots run on GPT-6 Astra, OpenAI's flagship model. Right now Dots are rolling out to ChatGPT Pro and Business Premium subscribers, with a beta for Enterprise. Free, Go, and Plus plans do not have them yet. How I'm using it: email triage I connected my Dot to several of my email accounts and gave it five jobs: 1. Organize and label. It went through all of my emails, labeled them, organized them, and moved them out of my inbox. 2. Flag what needs my attention. It flagged the emails I need to review or pay attention to. 3. Find the follow-ups. It looked for any emails I still need to follow up on or reply to. 4. Clean out spam. It went through my spam folder, identified the emails that were not actually spam, and deleted the rest. 5. Draft replies. It drafted replies to some of the emails and left them in my drafts folder, so I review each one before anything gets sent. Why this matters for WGAN members If you run a real estate photography, 3D virtual tour, or scanning business, your inbox is where bookings, client questions, and follow-ups land. Email triage is exactly the kind of repetitive work that is easy to hand off, as long as you stay in the loop on anything that gets sent. That is why I had it save drafts instead of sending for me. How are you using it? If you have access to Dots, I'd like to hear from you: Are you using Dots in your business yet? What have you handed off to it: email, scheduling, client follow-up, something else? What worked well, and what did not? If you have not tried it and you are on an eligible ChatGPT plan, it is worth checking out. Start with one well-defined job, like I did with email, and see how it does. Are you using OpenAI Dots or another always-on AI agent in your business? Share your experience in the comments below. |
||
| Post 1 IP flag post | ||
Pages:
1















