Zillow Home Tour vs Matterport 3D Tour - same property21719
Pages:
1
WGANStandard Member Los Angeles |
Home3D private msg quote post Address this user | |
| Hi everyone. Here is a link with both a Zillow and Matterport tours of the exact same property. Both were captured both inside and out so you can roam the yard as well, though it's not very large. The wrapper is 3DVista, my favorite platform of all as it can do virtually (pun intended) anything. ValleyVillageTour.com ![]() I'm interested to get reactions. Personally since Zillow blocked Matterport I'm doing many more Zillow tours for residential, very few Matterports. A couple really class clients are having me do both, Matterport for the MLS and all the other platforms, Zillow for Zillow. FYI, I call it Zillow Home Tour because there's nothing 3D about it, at least so far. If they add 3D, I'll return to their name Zillow 3D Home. And there's no connection with us, Home3D, although my company name pre-dates Zillow's tour system. Maybe they borrowed it and flipped it around. When Zillow launched this in 2018 it looked awful, but I do confess they've done a very nice job developing and improving. And we can't forget they provide this system for FREE and it can be used on all aggregators. That's impressive. |
||
| Post 1 IP flag post | ||
|
|
vrephoto private msg quote post Address this user | |
| Yes, for residential real estate I've also seen zillow tour orders increase and matterport decrease and the higher end luxury brokerages doing both. The zillow tours have certainly improved. I still intentionally do less scan points on them because I found if I try to do too many scan points zillow makes a complete mess of things behind the scenes which is one of the ongoing problems I have with the zillow tours... They make changes behind the scenes so the room name the agent asked for and you went out of your way to label in the app has completely changed on the floor plan and final tour. The connections you added...mysteriously gone. And more recently I've had several issues where the tour was simply removed from zillow's listing. We have no idea why or how long the listing was sitting out there with no visible tour. Setting it to private and then back to "post to listing" fixes it instantly, but it's frustrating for agents when the tour they paid for to boost their zillow listing is not showing up on the listing and it takes up my time checking that it's enabled in my dashboard and trying to explain to the agent that I had no control over what zillow does. | ||
| Post 2 IP flag post | ||
|
Jamie private msg quote post Address this user | |
| Zillow looks like the old style pano tours. I get they are free and fast, but they don't have the higher quality feel of an actual 3d tour. | ||
| Post 3 IP flag post | ||
WGANStandard Member Los Angeles |
Home3D private msg quote post Address this user | |
| @Jamie - Couldn't agree more. Biggest letdown is the movement between panos. Zillow has a clunky, jerky movement whereas Matterport is fairly lifelike smooth. And it gets worse outside where there is no "movement" at all. One pano just dissolves to the next outside. But then again, it's free, so what do you expect? And like @vrephoto stated, the Zillow tours typically take me 45 min to an hour to fix and connect everything properly. So Zillow is not as fast as one would hope. But yeah, it's free to use. |
||
| Post 4 IP flag post | ||
|
CLUB Member Coeur d'Alene, Idaho |
lilnitsch private msg quote post Address this user | |
| I shoot Zillow on all improved residential properties as part of my basic photo package then also have the option to upgrade to a Matterport tour but, even when shooting Matterport I still shoot the Zillow tour as it broadens the reach for the agent/seller of the property. To date I have shot around 800 Zillow 3D home tours and have lost count of Matterport tours as some are shot to client accounts and from time to time I go through and kill old less interesting projects from my account to keep some slots open My 1st matterport tour with a pro1 was in early 2016 |
||
| Post 5 IP flag post | ||
|
CLUB Member Coeur d'Alene, Idaho |
lilnitsch private msg quote post Address this user | |
| @Home3D I like that you go outdoors with Matterport while I am still rocking a Pro2 on a classic plan I push outdoor shooting as much as I can ~ I see CoStar/homes.com shooters with Pro3's doing some pretty crumby tours not capturing patios or any of the $$$ features of homes |
||
| Post 6 IP flag post | ||
WGANStandard Member Los Angeles |
Home3D private msg quote post Address this user | |
| @lilnitsch - Like you, I used to push the Pro 2’s limits, scanning as much outdoor as shade and twilight fading sun would allow. Southern California’s eternal sun made that tough, though. We rarely have thick enough cloud cover for midday exterior scanning on a Pro 2. Anyone who uses Pro 3 though should be taking advantage of its power, though. It’s beautiful to roam large properties freely, like this one - |
||
| Post 7 IP flag post | ||
|
CLUB Member Coeur d'Alene, Idaho |
lilnitsch private msg quote post Address this user | |
| while it can be challenging with a Pro2... |
||
| Post 8 IP flag post | ||
WGANStandard Member Los Angeles |
Home3D private msg quote post Address this user | |
| @lilnitsch - Beautiful job. Really well-done! | ||
| Post 9 IP flag post | ||
|
|
WendyM private msg quote post Address this user | |
| @lilnitsch Wow... Beautiful! | ||
| Post 10 IP flag post | ||
Pages:
1

















