Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 39 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3D ShowcaseAdvice

Difference between Impressions and Visits?2168

Wonderdawg private msg quote post Address this user
Had a question when I shared the following stats from a business Matterport model for a strategic partner:

IMPRESSIONS / 537
An impression is registered when someone views a page containing a 3D Showcase, or clicks on a public 3D Showcase link

VISITS / 29
A visit is registered when a model loads successfully.

UNIQUE VISITORS / 25
Number of distinct users who visited this 3D Showcase one or more times

The person asked "What's the difference between visits and impressions? Is it out of the 537 impressions only 29 visited the actual page link? We just want to clarify..."

I take it to mean the model loaded 537 times (it's not embedded on any website nor "publicly shared/publicized)" via an email but of the 25 visitors only 29 clicked on the tour. Is that a safe assumption to make?

Thanks!
Post 1 IP   flag post
lisahinson private msg quote post Address this user
I would also like to know because my interpretation is:

IMPRESSIONS - when (like for example) someone views a Zillow page with a link to a Virtual Tour (your matterport)

VISITS - When someone actually clicks on the Virtual Tour link and it loads

UNIQUE VISITS - When it is the first visit for that particular visitor

So I interpret that the VT link was on 537 pages but only clicked on 29 times 29/537 and of the 29 visits 25 were unique... 4 of the visits were returning visits or visitors...
Post 2 IP   flag post
3Dwalkmethru private msg quote post Address this user
Matterport descriptions:
[b]
Impressions

An impression is registered when someone views a page containing a 3D Showcase, or clicks on a public 3D Showcase link

Visits

A visit is registered when a model loads successfully.

Unique Visitors

Number of distinct users who visited this 3D Showcase one or more times
Post 3 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisahinson

IMPRESSIONS - when (like for example) someone views a Zillow page with a link to a Virtual Tour (your matterport)

I believe they'd actually have to view the page with the model for it to count as an impression. It wouldn't be enough to just have the link to a tour appear on a page somewhere.

Once that page is viewed though, it's if they actually load the model that it would count as a visit.

That's my belief, at least.
Post 4 IP   flag post
so @Queen_City_3D if they click on the link to load the MP Tour and get out before it loads, that's not getting very good views is it? Only 29 times out of 537 it was actually watched.

Thank you for the clarification.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Hartland, Wisconsin
htimsabbub23 private msg quote post Address this user
I find the biggest issue with these sites is the VT section is so small, hidden or not explained that people don't even know they exist. My builders have a way higher clicked on rate than my realtors using zillow/MLS.
Post 6 IP   flag post
I have analytics on my website and use that rather than the MP site stats and they are quite different; plus I see the referral sources, etc..

On many sites you have to spend quite a bit of time LOOKING for where the VT link is hidden.
Post 7 IP   flag post
101421 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?