Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceWordPress

WP3D Advise needed on Themes and Maps2141

aerialpixels private msg quote post Address this user
Sorry Dan if this is Off Topic,
but seeing since many pros here use WP3D..

I just got the plugin a week back,
But cant seem to get something visually nice on a wordpress page. I am looking just for a simple 'single property' type page which generically introduces Matterport, with social media link/logos.

I recall seeing some forum members here with simple elegant looking pages.

Can someone suggest some WP Themes to use?

Also, anyone having issues with Google maps not showing? I contacted WP3D and they said its a new issue with Google now requiring API Keys for browser and server (and that kinda zipped past my understanding)

Thanks!
Post 1 IP   flag post
Missoula, MT
rpetersn private msg quote post Address this user
Hi @aerialpixels - Thanks for making this post. As the developer of WP3D, I too am curious about what WordPress themes people will recommend.

Re: the Google maps issue, I have recently released a new version of WP3D Models that addresses the Google Maps API changes. It really isn't difficult to generate these two new required "keys". I've written up some detailed documentation on this, and I'm here to help if you run into a snag. It is a a 2-5 minute project.

Note that you are "grandfathered in" (no need for the keys) if you were using Google Maps & WP3D Models prior to June 22, 2016.

Standing by!

Ross w/WP3D Models
Post 2 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
I'm using ZERIF LITE CHILD as my Theme and find it's decent to work with.

Speaking of site customization... I've seen some forum members utilize the "Property Text Tab" feature, which I haven't used yet.

@rpetersn, perhaps you could tell me... is it possible to "embed" additional web content into that property text tab?

For example, Let's say I want to use WALKSCORE.COM to show neighbourhood information of a listing... can I have it display in that website's format in a property text tab? I've experimented with inserting the embed code I get from that site, but it just shows up as the embed code text when published.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Missoula, MT
Hi @Queen_City_3D, Yep...the Zerif Lite is a great one to start with. That's one we highly recommend and use ourselves.

As for the "Property Text Tab" feature, it sounds like you're on the right track re: that being a place you can add in external content (like a WalkScore). I think the only thing that might be getting missed is that you need to enter any "code" in a bit differently.

Here's a screenshot that shows the icon you'd need to click in order to enter an iframe/embed or any other "code":

Does this help?
Post 4 IP   flag post
AH... there it is!

I didn't see that iframe/embed option because it was hidden by the "toolbar toggle".

THANKS!!!
Post 5 IP   flag post
@rpetersn one more query for you.

In the WP3D plug-in, is there any way to have a default list of property info details rather than having to build a new list for each model? That would sure save some time.

I suppose that's a feature request. Having a whole list of options and then we simply click which ones we want to show up to populate rather than having to re-type every time we add a new model.

Post 6 IP   flag post
Missoula, MT
Hey @Queen_City_3D,

This concept of "default" content has come up before re: duplicating a "base" Model. While I could build some of this functionality into WP3D, I've found that most of what you'd need is already available as part of another plugin called "Post Duplicator".

Here's a bit more info:
https://wordpress.org/plugins/post-duplicator/

My advice would be to simply install this plugin (search for "Post Duplicator" from within your WordPress Plugins Install page) and get this one activated.

Then, you can simply create your own custom "base" Model that remains in DRAFT mode inside your site. Whenever you go to get started adding a NEW Model, simply duplicate this "base" and you'll be off to the races.

Could something like that work?

Thx! Ross
Post 7 IP   flag post
@rpetersn YUP!

That is a perfect solution.

Thanks again... and again.... and again!!!
Post 8 IP   flag post
Missoula, MT
Good deal! You're very welcome.
Post 9 IP   flag post
101436 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?