Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Capture AppProblemsScans

25,000 sq/ft214

TrueSpaces private msg quote post Address this user
I attempted to scan approx 25,000 sq/ft before [it was about 10 months ago] You can see the results below.

Please keep in mind there was work done to stitch this model together [you are seeing 3 separate scans] and as a result there are some obvious errors/glitches as you move through the space plus in the dollhouse & floor plan view.

I definitely wouldn't recommend attempting this,.. unless you have about 30hrs to kill.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Tim private msg quote post Address this user
She must be a monster...got to see it for approx 1 second before it crashed my iPhone 6...
Post 2 IP   flag post
sdubose99 private msg quote post Address this user
Nice, how did you stitch three scans together?
Post 3 IP   flag post
Jamie private msg quote post Address this user
Did you have a lot of errors when scanning the open spaces?
Post 4 IP   flag post
andreabortolot private msg quote post Address this user
WOW! Good job! The only issue I see are the rings that with white floor are difficult to be visible.
I would request Matterport to give, as an option, the possibility to change colour on the rings. They disappear when floors are white or lighter. Some clients might not recognize them and panic because can't see where they can move.
What do you think?
Post 5 IP   flag post
YairYepez private msg quote post Address this user
Good job! In my opinion, it was 30hrs well invested!
Post 6 IP   flag post
TrueSpaces private msg quote post Address this user
There was even more rooms I could have scanned [including 2 very large bathrooms] that I did not even bother. The entire space was actually about 30,000 sq/ft

@Tim - That was an early issue for me too. It would load and crash. Doesn't happen anymore though. I think you Aussies have slow internet speeds

@Jamie - No problem with the open spaces actually. I had done a few test scans a week before the actual shoot and went right up the middle and it worked perfect [Matterport had just released an update that made that possible. With earlier versions you would have had to start along the wall and snake your way into the middle]

@andreabortolot - Yes! Great point. Changing the ring color is a great idea. Even if it's between 2 options only [light + dark]

@YairYepez - Thank you sir!

If anyone is interested in how it was stitched together please send me a DM. @sdubose99 sending you a msg now.
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@TripleSpaced Wow! I wonder if 25,000 sf is the record.

I recently created this 16,000 sf model with 212 scans. (I probably shot nearly 400 scans; duplicated the model then deleted until I was at about 280 scans and then deactivated scans until I was at 212. I had managed our client's expectations that we might need to deliver as two separate models since officially Matterport supports up to 10,000 sf and update 200 scans. Plus, manage expectations that it might take up to a week to deliver (It's not for the faint of heart to do more than 10,000 sf and 200 scans.)

(Many of the deleted scans were the outdoor deck. Nice, but something had to give.)

Dan
Post 8 IP   flag post
101436 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?