Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,033 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Advice

If you didn't use matterport?2061

MadHusband private msg quote post Address this user
Interested in starting up a 3d home tour business and sell my services to realtors thus I have been searching high and low on which device/hardware and software product to use. With that said and understand that I am on a matteport discussion board I do have a few questions for anybody willing to answer them.

Question 1: If you didn't use matterport what would be your other top two or three recommendations for 3d home tour capturing devices that are currently on the market?

Question 2: Why would you choose matterport over the ones you just recommended?
Post 1 IP   flag post
3Dwalkmethru private msg quote post Address this user
Spy? Lol
Post 2 IP   flag post
nope
Post 3 IP   flag post
GeorgeK private msg quote post Address this user
funny...
Post 4 IP   flag post
TrustedPhotoDC private msg quote post Address this user
Well a good LIDAR system is 35k-50k, so 5k is pretty reasonable.
Post 5 IP   flag post
HarlanHambright private msg quote post Address this user
Unique system for the time being. Other option? bad guitar music behind slide show of photos and 360 panos.
Post 6 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
MadHusband
If your are looking for a true competitor, look at insidemaps.com they use a rotator and IPhone 5/6 to do the same thing at a fraction of Matterport price. They are new and just getting started. The problem is when they designed the system with the rotator in mind they did not realize the rotator was not as readily available.
But this system does go outside and does a good job. So I hope that is another option, keep us informed.

Ron
Post 7 IP   flag post
@ron9087 any clue on how much are their processing and hosting fee's?
Post 8 IP   flag post
This is what they sent me.

What do I need to get going?
iPhone 6, 6s:
Mottr Galileo: Rotor: ~$150 available from variety of Internet shops.
Tripod: Any sturdy tripod works.

What does the service cost per home? How much for a 3D Tour, a Floor Plan and a 3D model?
$49 for 2,000 sf for 3D Tour + Floor plan. $89 for 3D model+3D Tour+floor plan.
$69 for 3,000 sf for 3D Tour + Floor plan. $129 for 3D model+3D Tour+floor plan.
$89 for 4,000 sf for 3D Tour + Floor plan. $169 for 3D model+3D Tour+floor plan.

First 3 months of hosting is free. After 3 months, we host the 3D Tour for $2 per 3D Tour
Post 9 IP   flag post
Wondering what the difference is between the 3d model and 3d tour? Any thoughts?
Post 10 IP   flag post
I cannot find the YouTube video but it showed very little difference, other than you can go outside and work your way thru the house. I think it is truly a competitor but it does not seem to be catching on. I am not sure why.

Ron
Post 11 IP   flag post
Here is the You tube link.

This is the link for a standard camera that they don't support but everything is the same other than they use IPhone.
Post 12 IP   flag post
There is another YouTube video with the CEO at a tech show showing the system and explaining the inner workings which was using the photos and photogrammetry to create the model.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Here is the other YouTube.

Post 14 IP   flag post
@madhusband @ron0987 based on price scale posted by Ron is not cheap. It will add up and bite into you bottom line pretty quick.

If you do price analysis an investment in Matteport $5,500 ( camera / tripod. Ipad) vs Insidemaps (Iphone six and SLR camera, tripod) I estimate you will be in $1500 to $2000 range depending on camera.

Initial investment difference $3000

Matterport processing example:

Based on 12 shoots per month ( under 100 scans and 3 free ) 12 9 scans at $19.00 = $171.00
Hosting fee's $49.99 ( up to 100 models) $49.00 Total $220.00

Insidemaps processing example:

Those same 12 shoots taking an average of their cost $109.00 total $1308.00
Lowest cost possible ($49 jobs only) = $588.00
Hosting for 12 models $24.00 Total $612.00

Now do the long term math and ask I'm I getting that much more for my dollar and are your customers getting that much more for their dollar so comes down to your position on initial investment.

My take on it ...
Post 15 IP   flag post
Just realized by watching the second video that you do not need SRL camera you can use your Iphone ... So you are entry cost is way lower , but still long term processing will bite into the difference.

I am confused on their website they have a camera doing 360 rotation with out the three moves the video with the Iphone does are we talking about same thing.

Thanks
Post 16 IP   flag post
They started with camera and again like I said it did not catch on, they no longer support the camera and came out with the IPhone, still not much interest, I am not sure why. Especially since you can do complete exterior shots.

Ron
Post 17 IP   flag post
maybe processing cost ??
Post 18 IP   flag post
Matterport has cushion selling hardware otherwise processing would be much higher, this is where Insidespaces has the disadvantage. I do not know margin of profit on hardware, but even if its minimal they have the cash flow benefit.
Post 19 IP   flag post
I would like to see a 3d model and floor plan made by somebody other then them to see a true example. Anybody able to find one?

What I mean is a real estate professional doing all the shooting and see their final results after insidemaps.com does all the processing.
Post 20 IP   flag post
file:///C:/Users/rick_000/Desktop/Blue-Sketch%20brochure.pdf
Post 21 IP   flag post
blue-sketch.com
Post 22 IP   flag post
MadHusband, send them a request to see actual work or ask to talk with a user to get direct input. That would be a good sign if they give it to you so you can see several examples.
Post 23 IP   flag post
@3Dwalkmethru is blue sketch supposed to be a competing product to matterport? I can't figure out why the link to the site?
Post 24 IP   flag post
Not really they are actually promoted here on MUG and have special pricing for group members. I had a job done recently they were professional delivered job same day it was a great experience. Recommend them @blue-sketch
Post 25 IP   flag post
@madhusband that link is their PDF service brochure ... visit their site you maybe de able to download it there. This was sent to me.
Post 26 IP   flag post
davidpylyp private msg quote post Address this user
My job is not to convince you to buy one or not

I bought one

I bought one as a realtor to use for myself.

I get it

You wanna be save

Life Happens
Post 27 IP   flag post
101437 27 27
This topic is archived. Start new topic?