Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 488 Unique Visitors
9,049 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 33,567 Page Views | 18,421 Unique Visitors | 30 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
CMSContent Management SystemPublishing

Publishing 3D's Content Management System204

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
What Content Management System (CMS) are you using to publish your Matterport 3D Showcase models?

For example:

1. which solution are you using?
2. Is it your own or a third-party?
3. If third-party, vendor info?
4. which solution are you using for plugin(s)?

(This is an advanced question/answer that does not apply to "copy and paste" of the Matterport iFrame embed code or URLs from 3D Workshop.)

Thanks,

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
Marcel private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Dan,

When we first setup (about a year ago) there was no way to manage our scans and customers so we developed our own CMS. It was our intention to only use it internally but we had requests from other MP users to use it too. So we now have a few users who we charge a small monthly fee (mainly for server costs). We're in the process of incorporating this CMS into our new product that we offer our customers. I'll post more information when it's ready if anyone is interested.

Marcel
Post 2 IP   flag post
Mat private msg quote post Address this user
@Marcel I would love to see & hear what you are doing. What about you @DanSmigrod what are you using or recommend?
Post 3 IP   flag post
Missoula, MT
rpetersn private msg quote post Address this user
Hey all..

I'll chime in here and note something that we're using and I'm now packaging up for others.

My day job is that of a web developer and I build custom web solutions using WordPress. This is what I used to build our site at: http://missoula3d.com/ earlier this last fall.

Obviously, I'm heavily biased as to which platform I'd recommend!

Included in Missoula3D site is a tool I built to display our models, found here: http://missoula3d.com/models/.

Here's a screenshot of Admin (v.1.0):

I set this up to be really easy for us (myself and my partners) to be able to add models without much fuss. I didn't want any of us to have to worry about resizing the thumbnail images, creating buttons and/or getting the iframe code added correctly to be "responsive".

Since building this site, I've heard from several others that they'd like something similar for their 3D Model-based businesses and have developed a new-and-improved version of our code (essentially a plugin, but not fully packaged up that way) that I can be hired to add to any WordPress-based site. This code will create directory-view and detail-view pages of your Matterport models, exactly like you see on the links above.

One huge improvement is that I've just recently come up with a way to programmatically retrieve the primary image (set within Matterport) and even the model name. Its a huge time saver to be able to avoid this step when adding a model to your site. You can now add models with nothing more than the ID, if you like.

Lastly, I'm also developing a mapping add-on option so that the directory-view page can be optionally set up to display a Google map with pinned locations of each model you've entered into the site.

For anyone that is interested in adding any of this functionality to their WordPress site, please let me know!

Thx..Ross
Post 4 IP   flag post
Tim private msg quote post Address this user
Wow, we have decided to hold back and won't be releasing ours for about another month...we are adding a heap of new features. We really want the first offering to look amazing, the practicality is already great. They all sound good to me.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Mat private msg quote post Address this user
@rpetersn As I have said before Ross, what you have created is fantastic. Am I correct in assuming the link you would then provide the client is http://missoula3d.com/models/whateveyounamedthemodel ??

What would you then provide to embed on their pages? It would be great if your plug in then provided the output of what the sites are to provide to the client.

Or if you can add the clients email and then click "Send Link" and the clients get a fantastic email.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Missoula, MT
Hey...just wanted to hop back in to this thread and mention the new plugin I've developed for WordPress/Matterport integration. I've incorporated features that I've heard requested from around this forum (and beyond). I'll continue to be adding features to the plugin...but V.1's options are all listed on my new site.

Please let me know what you think!

http://wp3dmodels.com/

Also..please read my recent post on the We Get Around blog here (more information and more screenshots):

http://www.we-get-around.com/wegetaround-atlanta-our-blog/2015/4/2/matterport-3d-content-management-system-wordpress-plugin-includes-elegant-facebook-integration

Thanks in advance and I look forward to hearing from anyone who's interested.

Cheers...Ross
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@rpetersn

WOW!

Got your eBlast today (11 June 2015) about the latest version of your WP3D WordPress plug-in that we use for our We Get Around Gallery, social media and providing embed code for clients.

So cool that WP3D provides simple and trackable (and responsive design) embed code that we can provide our clients. I that your plug-in makes analytics easy.

I also love that we can substitute an updated model without the URL changing.

You really raised the bar for Matterport to top your Content Management System (CMS).

Thanks,

Dan
Post 8 IP   flag post
Missoula, MT
Thank you for the kind words Dan...much appreciated!

For anyone who's following along, I'd love to hear your ideas for future features that would make WP3D Models more valuable for you!

Cheers!
Post 9 IP   flag post
101600 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?