Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 655 Unique Visitors
9,073 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,151 Page Views | 18,464 Unique Visitors | 29 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
BatteryPro2Questions

Matterport PRO2 3D battery life anomaly?19718

WGAN Fan
Club Member
Buffalo, New York
GETMYVR private msg quote post Address this user
In 2017 I purchased my Matterport Pro 2 3D. It's one of the best decisions I ever made. On my second job the camera fell from the tripod and landed on the ground. I knocked something loose and for a couple years I could hear something in there. I never fixed it. The noise went away. However, I was astonished that the battery life when I purchased this was about 8 hours. Unbelievably the battery has now reached a 9.5 hour workload. I'm not sure how or why it increased but it's amazing.

Has anyone had the same experience as a long-time Pro2 3D owner??
Have you experienced the opposite?

Considering how many times this camera has to spin over just 8 hours really shows you what a remarkable piece of technology we have.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Fathom3D private msg quote post Address this user
I'm not sure if this is how it still works, but I know that back in 2017 when you got your camera, the batteries only charged to 80%, but told you 100%. They were engineered this way to increase longevity over several cycles.

Then gradually over the years as the battery life degrades, the cells instead charge to 85% or 90%, still telling you 100%. So it might take a long time for the battery life to actually come down below the expected 8 hours.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Osaka, Japan
Meidansha private msg quote post Address this user
Yes, it says 9:00 hours left when you charge it now. I’ve only once used it all in one scan and I brought 2 pro2s that time I was scanning for 10 hours straight due to a miscalculation of floor space on the part of the client.

Lately I noticed that my Pro 2 seems to earth itself (release excess charge when not in use). I’ve noticed a few times the night before a job that the battery is literally empty. No issue while using it.
Post 3 IP   flag post
101993 3 3