Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
WGAN-TV Live at 6:15 pm ET
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 587 Unique Visitors
9,131 WGAN Members in 149 Countries
Last 30 Days: 32,642 Page Views | 16,215 Unique Visitors | 33 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
OutdoorsQuestionsVirtual Staging

Outdoor Virtual Staging?19640

RealCapDesign private msg quote post Address this user
Hello All. I have recently began offering virtual staging with my Matterport tours to great success. My clients have all been very impressed with the interior Real Estate staging that I have been able to offer through some providers suggested to me here.

I have began a working relationship with an Electrician who presented me with a question that I could not answer. If he were to scan a parking lot at night (I use the Pro3), would we be able to "Virtually
Stage" various lighting options for the Parking Lot owner? Has anyone ever had any luck with a project like this? The electrician wants to demonstrate lighting options for the owner in order to sell the job.

Thanks!
Post 1 IP   flag post
Founder
Nail Soup Media
Sarasota, Florida
GlennTremain private msg quote post Address this user
@RealCapDesign yes but you should ask @home3d or @DaveFahrny
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Cayman Islands
Harrycayman private msg quote post Address this user
Hi

im also very interested in outdoor virtual staging of open spaces
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Los Angeles
Home3D private msg quote post Address this user
Hello. Just saw Glenn's suggestion so I'll chime in. My MP staging experience is limited to the capabilities of Captur3d system which runs a AR, which I love because its effects appear in both walkthrough and dollhouse modes. In principle, what you're asking should be possible as it's similar to the issue of casting shadows in AR virtual staging. This sort of system, to really be good, needs to include the users manual indication of lighting direction, ie, from the windows or light sources wherever they are in a room.

Captur3D - kindly weigh in on this issue. And any other operation offering AR staging of Matterport.

However, sounds like your client really needs to showcase not just his lighting fixtures (fairly easy in AR staging, just create 3D models, position and scale) but also an approximation of the way the light will fall and spread from these different fixtures. This is a lot more complex and I think only adequately accomplished by exporting the MP model via Matterpak or E57 (I'm not expert at this!) into a CAD program where you can really set and control "lights" to a greater degree.

Now we're going beyond my pay scale, but hunt around. There are people who know what they're doing here.
Post 4 IP   flag post
RealCapDesign private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you all for your responses. I am interested in hearing of anyone's experience with this and using the Matterpak as suggested by @Home3d
Post 5 IP   flag post
102936 5 5