Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 661 Unique Visitors
9,066 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 35,099 Page Views | 18,938 Unique Visitors | 26 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AnalysisBusiness DevelopmentCommentaryNew Business DevelopmentNews

5 Reasons Matterport News Today (15 Feb) is Great News for Matterport Pros19497

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Video: Matterport 2024 Winter Release | Video courtesy of Matterport YouTube Channel | 15 February 2024

Video: 5 Reasons Matterport News Today (15 Feb. 2024) is Great News for Matterport Service Providers | Video courtesy of WGAN.TV.con | February 15, 2024

WGAN Forum Podcast | Episode #268

5 Reasons Matterport News Today (15 Feb. 2024) is Great News for Matterport Service Providers

Commentary and Analysis by
Dan Smigrod
Founder and Managing Editor
We Get Around Network | WGAN-TV

If you read all the Matterport news (and related links) announced today (Thursday, 15 February 2024), it may make your head spin:

Matterport Launches Property Intelligence: Transforming Real Estate and Property Management with AI and Automation

While most (if not all of these features) have been in public beta (or previously announced as coming in 2024) and reported (and discussed) in the We Get Around Network Forum, the official launch announcement should mean more money for Matterport Service Providers:

1. Matterport features as a competitive advantage to other 3D/360 hosting platforms
2. Additional Add Ons to offer (for more money)
3. Additional learning curve means more companies outsourcing Matterport to experts (that stay current)
4. More companies interested in using Matterport (particularly enterprise, AEC, Facilities Management)
5. Charge more for Matterport digital twins (for AEC, Facilities Management and Commercial Real Estate)

Examples

1. Matterport features as a competitive advantage to other 3D/360 hosting platforms

✓ Business Card
✓ Quick Link
✓ Mini-Map
✓ Automatic room labels
✓ Automatic room dimensions
✓ Property Report

2. Additional Add Ons to offer

✓ Generate BIM files directly from Matterport digital twins
✓ Generate CAD files directly from Matterport digital twins
✓ Generate E57 files directly from Matterport digital twins
✓ Faster turnaround on CAD files (in three business days): including drawings

3. Additional learning curve means more companies outsourcing Matterport to experts (that stay current)

✓ How to use Matterport as a punch list communications tool (Tags to coordinate among team)
✓ How to use Matterport in design and construction projects for estimating renovation costs
✓ Understanding all the Matterport features (and how to implement)

4. More companies interested in using Matterport

✓ Sync with Procore
✓ Sync with Autodesk
✓ Save 50 percent on travel (AEC, Design and Build, Construction)
✓ Integrates with AWS
✓ Remote Training

5. Charge more for Matterport tours (for AEC, Facilities Management and Commercial Real Estate)

✓ Matterport color floor plans
✓ Matterport floor plans with -- or without -- furniture
✓ Add client logo to Matterport floor plans
✓ Bundle Matterport digital twin delivered with BIM, CAD and E57 files

The enhanced Matterport features launched today (15 February 2024) - many made possible by integrating AI to enable automation - will help Matterport Service Providers offer and deliver more value to customers and make more money.

The additional value-add features announced and implemented by Matterport will also grow the space for digital twins resulting in more business for Matterport Service Providers including verticals beyond residential real estate.

What are your thoughts?

Best,

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
Bochum, Germany
framedivision private msg quote post Address this user
Very good posting, Dan, with many valid and important points! Unfortunately I do not have time right now, but I am really excited actually checking out these new features later this week.

And the look into the future (Project Genesis) simply is mind-blowing 🚀
Post 2 IP   flag post
Shakoure private msg quote post Address this user
Good to FINALLY see some automation improvements in MP's 3D presentations. I'm wondering if any of these new features will be off limits to classic plans by early MP adopters (from what I saw in the editor, seems like we're left out in the cold again) and whether they'll now increase their prices even further. Any insight?
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Shakoure

About:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakoure
I'm wondering if any of these new features will be off limits to classic plans by early MP adopters (from what I saw in the editor, seems like we're left out in the cold again)

Can you double-check in your legacy Matterport pricing account (my.matterport.com) if the following features are available?

✓ Business Card
✓ Quick Link
✓ Mini-Map
✓ Automatic room labels
✓ Automatic room dimensions
✓ Property Report

2. Additional Add Ons to offer

✓ Generate BIM files directly from Matterport digital twins
✓ Generate CAD files directly from Matterport digital twins
✓ Generate E57 files directly from Matterport digital twins
✓ Faster turnaround on CAD files (in three business days): including drawings

5. Charge more for Matterport tours (for AEC, Facilities Management and Commercial Real Estate)

✓ Matterport color floor plans
✓ Matterport floor plans with -- or without -- furniture
✓ Add client logo to Matterport floor plans
✓ Bundle Matterport digital twin delivered with BIM, CAD and E57 files

Thanks,

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
lilnitsch private msg quote post Address this user
Many if not all of these features require a New account ~ not supported on classic accounts
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Golden Valley, Minnesota
MarcelG private msg quote post Address this user
The new features are coming fast and furious. I'm happy to see them! The folks that keep up will be able to add great value for their clients.

With all the functionality summarized by Dan be available on historical models as long as they are hosted in one of the new plans?
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcelG
Will all the functionality summarized by Dan be available on historical models as long as they are hosted in one of the new plans?

Hi @MarcelG

In your "spare" time, can you:

1. Duplicate a model in your Matterport classic pricing plan account?
2. Transfer it to the Matterport new pricing plan?
3. See if the features work on Matterport old account models in the Matterport new pricing account?

Enjoy your weekend,

Dan
Post 7 IP   flag post
JamesG private msg quote post Address this user
Great post, thanks Dan!

@MarcelG I just logged-in to my Matterport account, and was able to implement these new features on my old models (using a non-classic account). Great news!
Post 8 IP   flag post
Shakoure private msg quote post Address this user
@JamesG ...Hey, just to be sure, you have both a classic and non-classic plan... you then transferred a model from the classic to newer plan in order to utilize it with the new automation features?
Post 9 IP   flag post
JamesG private msg quote post Address this user
Hey @Shakoure .. To clarify, I don't have a classic account at all. The older models were already in the non-classic account, I just tried to use the new features on them and was successful doing so.
Post 10 IP   flag post
BrookHampton private msg quote post Address this user
I have a classic plan since 2016. Can I implement this? How do I do it? My plan supports the Pro and Pro 2 and 100 active spaces
Post 11 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
lilnitsch private msg quote post Address this user
@BrookHampton

Thee new features require the newer hosting plans
Post 12 IP   flag post
101938 12 12