Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 661 Unique Visitors
9,066 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 35,099 Page Views | 18,938 Unique Visitors | 27 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Google Street ViewGSVProblems

Problem with google street view from matterport?19483

dave3d private msg quote post Address this user
A question for the Google folks.

We haven't done Streetview work. We had a recent request to make a Matterport tour that was done as a standard tour available on Google. When we attempt an upload via the Streetview Add-on in Matterport it's coming back rejected. Matterport says no issues on their side.
Thoughts and recommendations?

Thanks
Post 1 IP   flag post
Gladsmuir private msg quote post Address this user
Hi dave3d,

Is it a publicly accessible building?

Oliver
Post 2 IP   flag post
A multistory commercial building with several companies in different suites. Location shows and alignment matches before uploading.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Gladsmuir private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Dave3D,
Has the building got its own Google business listing?
Have the resident businesses also got their own listings?
Oliver
Post 4 IP   flag post
Im pming you about it glad
Post 5 IP   flag post
building address with photo and 3 companies show up at this address top of page in a google search
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
There are people complaining on MOUG that publishing to Google does not work. My suggestion is to try to remove your Google authorisation from the publisher and authorise it again.

Also check your Google Profile you are using for publishing in contribution section for photos. Sometimes 360 photos from Matterport tours are not published with correct place id. When it happens you won't see them on your client google business profile but you should see them on your Google Profile without a place id.
Post 7 IP   flag post
For the Streetview to publish - does it all have to be 360 shots in Matterport? Or does the addon in Matterport do the conversion to 360s needed from regular scans used in creating the highlight reel?
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
As far as I can remember all options in the publisher you can publish all visible scans(disabled wont be published) or you can publish it as a highlight reel created for a 3d tour. 360 views can be published with 360 photos from scans if they have been added to a map. However my experience when I published scans and 360 views as a lot was that 360 views where placed on Maps along with 360 photos from scans but they were not linked together or came linked to any close 360 photo from a scan. I had to link them manually using Pano2VR and re-publish the tour.

I prefer to publish all visible scans as it gives a place a maximum amount of 360 included in a tour. I treat the whole thing as a very interesting book with many pages or a long movie. Because when it is interesting to anyone they will keep reading/watching it to the end. That's why reducing a number of spots included in publishing is no more than limiting potential viewers to see more, give more clicks and stay with a business profile for longer times.

I disable only technical scans that only serve a purpose of filling a 3D dollhouse with data/texture for better presentation of a space layout. However I do not do it just for publishing to Maps only and I do it for removing them from a 3D tour as well.
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Buffalo, New York
GETMYVR private msg quote post Address this user
I only publish with 3D scans. And I make sure I walk out all the way to the middle of the street. I don't believe Google accepts the 360 panoramas. I've been porting a lot of tours through mattapore to Google with zero issues. The only hiccup is that it could take a week or two for all the arrows to properly reconcile inside the tour. I am also a long-term Google trusted pro photographer so that might help me.

And right now uploading to Google Street view is free for most of us. Notwithstanding the processing fee for our uploads, presents one of the greatest profitable aspects of our business.
Post 10 IP   flag post
101938 10 10