Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 661 Unique Visitors
9,066 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 35,099 Page Views | 18,938 Unique Visitors | 27 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
DollyGearGear of the Week

Gear of the Week: Tripod Dolly for Matterport Pro2/Pro3 Cameras19128

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

WGAN Gear of the Week

Video: WGAN-TV - Matterport Pro3 Camera Training-Short Story #4027-Tripod Dolly Uses And In Which Setups Is More Important To Have | See Entire WGAN-TV show

Neewer Photography Tripod Dolly, Heavy Duty with Larger 3-inch Rubber Wheels, Adjustable Leg Mounts and Carry Bag for Tripods | Buy via Amazon

Gear of the Week: Tripod Dolly for Matterport Pro2/Pro3 Cameras

Hi All,

In this WGAN-TV Short Story (#4027, above), @ScanYourSpace Founder and CEO Tom Sparks discusses when and why he uses a [url=https://www.WGAN.info/NeewerDolly]Neewer Tripod Dolly with a Matterport Pro3 Camera.

You can see the entire episode here:

✓ Matterport Pro3 Camera Training: Getting Started with Matterport Scanning (Capture)
https://youtu.be/5SvogMsjYd0

Do you use a different dolly with a Matterport Pro2/Pro3 Camera? Please share below.

Best,

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
I use this dolly and have found pro’s and cons with it.

The larger wheels are better to maneuver it. Wheels roll extremely well, a little too good. I use this on finished concrete or vinyl tile floors.

Just after starting to use it started having alignment issues with Pro3 camera. So determined to pin point the issue I found that this unit the wheels roll so easy that even if you think you’re on level ground once your camera starts to rotate it was moving the dolly.

No big deal use the wheel locks.

I found the wheel locks not easy to engage or dis-engage. This causing a time issue to lock and release each time.

I lock one wheel and leave it locked. Not as easy to move but solved the issue.

Not sure what is the best fix by Neewer. Just my input.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Gladsmuir private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,
We have been using this model for some years.
The 3" wheel version is much better, as the smaller wheels (2" version) can fall into crevices which could cause the unit to tip over.
Use some Loctite or similar thread lock to stop the wheels from falling off from vibration when used on uneven surfaces.
Unscrew each castor, clean the threads, apply a small amount of the product and leave to dry overnight.
They also work great on mesh floors in industrial buildings like pharma plants, breweries, distilleries and so on to prevent the tripod legs from falling through the holes in the mesh.
Great value, light, and in my view, much better than the far more expensive and heavy version from a well-known tripod manufacturer.
Oliver
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Bon Secour, Alabama
Chemistrydoc private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All -

I just used this model last month for an 8-day job, and it was truly a lifesaver. Thanks,@ron0987 for the heads-up on level, btw. I was worried at first that just the excentric motion of the spin would cause it to move enough to cause alignment problems, but I never really saw that. The Pro3 and this dolly made scanning a 10-floor hospital with 6 floor adjacent outpatient facility a possibility. Pro2 and regular tripod without dolly would have taken more than twice as long to complete.

Keith
Post 4 IP   flag post
101937 4 4
This topic is archived. Start new topic?