Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
WGAN-TV Live at 6:15 pm ET
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 587 Unique Visitors
9,131 WGAN Members in 149 Countries
Last 30 Days: 32,642 Page Views | 16,215 Unique Visitors | 33 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
.RCP.RVTAECAutodeskAutodesk ReCapBIM Collaborate ProE57 Revit LTFileLargePoint CloudsPro3QuestionsReCapRegisteringRevit

Matterport | Revit - Configurations?19103

US Building
Survey, LLC
Olathe, Kansas
rhelling private msg quote post Address this user
I never thanked everyone from my last post, but thank you. I scanned my first large (65k sqft) project with the Pro3 and it was heavenly. So many good things to say about the Pro3. 250 scans later...I'm ready to process and get things going.

I'm a Revit LT user and I fully understand I need the full version of Revit to take advantage of the point cloud import. My plan is to upgrade and order the E57 file. I understand there is a Matterport Revit plugin that is helpful on imports as well.

** Note: This project isn't critical - it's more of a good test. The client isn't needing this, but it would be helpful for them.

Here's my question:
I went to upgrade my Revit LT account and the sales rep quoted me for the full version of Revit AND BIM Collaborate Pro. (She says I need that to import point clouds.) I don't believe her, so I'm asking everyone here. ;-) Shouldn't I just be able to import the E57 file with the Matterport|Revit plugin?

I'm just trying to save the $630 she quoted me for BIM Collaborate Pro.

Thanks.
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Osaka, Japan
Meidansha private msg quote post Address this user
Hi there!

Congrats on the big space. I use the tokens with Autodesk as that is the best value for an occasional user. You can use them to pay for Revit by the day. For registering and cleaning up the point cloud I use Recap which is also possible to use with tokens. Minimum is 100 tokens for one years use and I think it costed $300(?).

I have a video on using recap in Japanese but if you watch it, it’ll give you an idea of how easy it is to use.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Gladsmuir private msg quote post Address this user
Hi @rhelling,

If you want to import the E57 file into Revit LT then it first needs to be converted into a .RCP file.

This can be done in Autodesk ReCap.

A Google search brings up a number of tools and services - I have not used any of them.

If you know a local architect or engineer they may have a ReCap subscription and offer to convert it for a fee?

Oliver
Post 3 IP   flag post
US Building
Survey, LLC
Olathe, Kansas
rhelling private msg quote post Address this user
Hmmm..
I’ll have to look into that. I own and use Revit LT daily. I haven’t used Recap or tried to work with point clouds before. Recap would be cheaper ($400/yr).

But this is on AutoDesks website:

“Issue:
Is it possible to transfer Point Cloud information from Recap into Revit LT? Can Revit LT work with any point cloud information already attached to a file?

Solution:
Revit LT does not support importing point clouds. However, the full version of Revit does have this feature.”
Post 4 IP   flag post
Sdoughtie private msg quote post Address this user
Recap is free to import pointclouds and save them to the RCP format for autocad and revit. I find working in Revit and pointclouds in 3D to be cumbersome TBH. And I started working in 3D in 1993.

I am pretty sure REVIT will be the only thing you need. Perhaps you could download a trial version to see it that will fit your needs.

Also, a 65K SF building is going to have a massive pointcloud in that format and you will need a pretty hefty machine to work with it. Could you get by with the matterpak?
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Video: Matterport Point Cloud to Revit via Recap Workflow | Video courtesy of We Are VR YouTube Channel | 8 February 2023

Video: How to Export Matterport 3D Models to Autodesk RECAP and Revit | Video Courtesy of Matterport YouTube Channel | 30 May 2019

@rhelling

Are these videos (above) helpful?

I found these videos in these WGAN Forum discussions:

Video: (How to) Matterport Point Cloud to Revit via Recap Workflow
Video: How to Export Matterport 3D Models to Autodesk RECAP and Revit

Enjoy your weekend,

Dan
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Video: From Matterport 3D File to RECAP to Revit | Video courtesy of Dulce Galvez YouTube Channel | 9 October 2023
Post 7 IP   flag post
102936 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?