Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 28 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
CompetitionReal EstateStrategy

Competition191

WarrenVandal private msg quote post Address this user
We have some pretty compelling and inexpensive competition in Toronto in the real estate space. A company called Toursler - toursler.com - has walk throughs a lot like ours with additional capabilites (interactive floor plan, full architectural floor plans) included in their pricing which starts at $199. We have a base cost of $25 (Canadian funds with current exchange rates) per month, $300 per year for hosting, which makes it pretty hard to compete with Toursler. They also list a San Francisco location. There is another company here called Suiteview - suiteview.ca - with an identical website, identical pricing, identical offering. They have a U.S. and European phone number on their site. Has anyone run into these guys in other markets? How is the competition in other markets?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Jamie private msg quote post Address this user
It looks good
Their package price is so cheap
Post 2 IP   flag post
PieroBortolot private msg quote post Address this user
The package is cheap but I think it's 360
It's not like our camera
What do you think?
Post 3 IP   flag post
yeah basically linked panoramic photos, but it's enough to take business away from us unfortunately.
If it's the dollhouse view they want, we have the market captured (for real looking) unless you want to look at a dollhouse 3D from a 2D floor plan.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Orange, California
craigsauer private msg quote post Address this user
It's very interesting. I wonder what their hardware is. It is recording the 3D position of the camera that is taking the panoramas. I wonder if it is just using a gyroscope to do that. (I also wonder why the Matterport camera doesn't have a gyroscope in it to help it figure out where each subsequent tripod position is.)

They've got a nice user interface. I like the way the floorplan and the panorama viewer are shown simultaneously, with the position of the viewer shown on the floorplan.

Craig
Post 5 IP   flag post
You can see a shadow on one of the outside views. It kind of looks like a multi lens camera.
I'm guessing the embed it into a draw floor plan.
The only thing I don't like is the screen jerking when you try to spin around. Apart from that it's very nice, unfortunately
Post 6 IP   flag post
As I strolled through one of their properties I saw a reflection of a camera on a tripod - it looked like a DSLR. In any case their package is pretty slick. The fact that there are 2 websites that are practically identical makes me wonder if this is some kind of franchise operation. Has anyone else run into them, or another company that looks like these guys?

And back to the broader question - what sort of competition are we seeing in other markets?
Post 7 IP   flag post
alx3D private msg quote post Address this user
I spoke with there San fran location (about a month ago) and they told me they were based in canada and that any business questions should go there. (could not get ahold of canada location)
Post 8 IP   flag post
Tim private msg quote post Address this user
Sorry lads but I fail to see how their solution is any better to crap we've seen in the past...think VR people, that's where we are headed...
Post 9 IP   flag post
GarySnyder private msg quote post Address this user
They are the same company, Toursler just does houses and Suiteview does flats or apartments as you call them. They are using a DSLR with a 8mm lens and use similar stitching applications as the Pano Editor which is used for Google's Business View. They use a pano head an shoot 4 90 degree shots, they may even bracketed the shots at -2 0 +2 as Google requires. These are then stitched to form a single pano

I shoot for Google as well and doing a simple shoot is not a problem but when you have to do a complicated shoot forget it as it can be a nightmare. Although Toursler and Suiteview are not as critical of alignment as Google is. Get your alignment off and Google will reject your job. Toursler has some large house scans and you can walk right through walls or floors so it's no where as Precise as MP.

The VT sector is just taking off and within a year there will be several other solutions out there that can offer more precise VT's maybe not as precise as MP but close to it.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Gary - do you use Matterport scans for Google Business View? Is there any ongoing discussion of using Matterport scans for Google Business View? With the apparent close ties between Matterport and Google related to Tango, it would seem to be an obvious connection.
Post 11 IP   flag post
GarySnyder private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Warren

There are no plans on Google using the Matterport camera. I tried to get it approved but due to the closed nature of the MP system there was no way that Google would even consider it.

Another issue with MP is you can not blur faces or other details which are strictly enforces when shooting for Google. There are other devices coming online that may be approved to shoot BV jobs like the wide range of 360 cameras so watch this space.

I hope this has been helpful.
Post 12 IP   flag post
101636 12 12
This topic is archived. Start new topic?