Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,033 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 40 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceProblemsScanning

Advice for re-scanning188

Orange, California
craigsauer private msg quote post Address this user
I did a scan last week that didn't come out very well, and this afternoon I'm going to do it again. The big problem was that it was really sunny and the place had no window coverings at all, so there were lots of spots that came up blank/black in the model. It's also just super bright and harsh looking.

https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=Z2QA21Dwkwr

I'm going back closer to dusk this afternoon to try again with less sun. I also won't try to capture the outdoor spaces like I did the first time around.

The big question is, should I just start from scratch, or try to just add new scans to the existing model?

Thanks,

Craig
Post 1 IP   flag post
Jamie private msg quote post Address this user
I'd be interested to hear how it goes if you do a partial rescan.
Good luck
Post 2 IP   flag post
PieroBortolot private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Craig,
add new scans

I made a house in 3 days only add new scans, also the outdoor spaces with different lights

Piero
Post 3 IP   flag post
alx3D private msg quote post Address this user
@Craig, I had a lot of trouble when I tried to rescan in different lighting. Specifically bright light in the first scans. Bob at matterport told me the scanner places scans using about 60% visual info and 40% 3D info. I would try to replace the old ones but wouldn't be surprised if they didn't catch. Here is the scan I am talking about, where I added scans after the fact.
http://real3destates.com/property/pro-package-sample-listing-2/
Also here is one where there is very different lighting between points. Personally I like the transitions for outside shots.
http://real3destates.com/property/bulls-by-peter-woytuck/
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@craigsauer you already have a great model. I agree with @PieroBortolot ... Just add scans. Do NOT delete any existing scans. In 3D workshop, you will deactivate the old scans.

You will likely need to backtrack a lot to begin so that the lighting and placement of stuff has not changed much.

Deleting scans will result in even more backtracking.

Giving the timing, you should be okay getting outside.

Look forward to seeing/hearing what you end up doing.

Best,

Dan
Post 5 IP   flag post
Orange, California
Ok. I will try to just add scans! The house is staged, not lived in, so hopefully it hasn't changed much since I was there a week ago. Though I was planning on closing all the doors to outside spaces if I was going to do a total rescan.

Thanks for the input everyone.

Craig
Post 6 IP   flag post
Orange, California
The rescan really resulted in such an improved Dollhouse and Floorplan view. Thanks for the advice!

Here's how it turned out:

https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=U8cMmpaQhQi

(For reference, here's the original version:

https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=Z2QA21Dwkwr)

Craig
Post 7 IP   flag post
SBragg private msg quote post Address this user
Before going back duplicate your scan. You can do that on the main screen on your ipad. Choose Done > Click the property > Duplicate. Now you can mess with that one all you want. I was having an issue with a basement door. It would only open 1/2 way and completely blocked a hall I need to go down. After uploading the model saw it as a wall even though you could see down the hall.
On the new model, I deleted the area I was having issues. I put the door at 45 degrees and scanned the whole area again. I went back and did a scan. Prob solved.
Post 8 IP   flag post
RobV private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Guys, any advice would be much appreciated.

I completed a scan for a client yesterday, where she decided she didn't want the kids bedrooms scanned on the 2 floor. So that floor has been scanned with all doors shut except for the master bedroom.

Now the agent has said she needs those rooms scanned and want me to go back tomorrow and add the 3 kids bedrooms. Only the master bedroom and rumpus room have been scanned on that floor.

Should I delete that floor and start it from scratch? It's a big house...so I'm hoping that I don't have to start the whole job again...

Thanks
Rob
Post 9 IP   flag post
PieroBortolot private msg quote post Address this user
Don't delete the floor
Start from one near scan
Post 10 IP   flag post
Jamie private msg quote post Address this user
Duplicate the model first.
Find the scans nearest the closed doors and delete those. Try scanning from that point. If it doesn't align you may need to delete more scans.
Post 11 IP   flag post
RobV private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks Guys...

Rob
Post 12 IP   flag post
101421 12 12
This topic is archived. Start new topic?