Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 1,001 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 33,924 Page Views | 18,799 Unique Visitors | 25 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
MatterportPro3

Video: Matterport Pro 3: Max Number of scan points?18739

WGAN Fan
Club Member
Suisun City, California
ScanYourSpace private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

I've been adding to the tour that i'll include a video for. link for the actual tour is in the description of the video.

I ran into some issues with the ipad slowing down (6th gen ipad pro 12.9 with 2tb hard drive and 16 gb ram). I also ran into a whole lot of non alignments toward the end of the video.
I reached out to support and this was their response:

"As per investigating the tour, we suggest that you go over 25000 square feet to avoid misalignments in your model. However, if the model is more than that size you can create more than one model and ask us Matterport to stitch the model into a one whole model.

You can also refer to the link below for your future reference:
Stitching Two or More Spaces

We're looking forward to hearing back from you, have a good one!

Best Regards,
Janella Vianca"

Kind of a bummer that they are saying there's a 25k sq ft limit. I've definitely scanned spaces larger with no issues at all, 43k, 100k, 144k, etc.

So I guess i'm left with is there a max # of scan points per tour? Curious to see what the max is everyone has achieved using a pro 3?

Video: Matterport Pro 3: Did I max out the number of scan points? | Mare Island, Vallejo, Ca 6/3/2023 | Video courtesy of Sparks Media Group's YouTube Channel | 3 June 2023 | Scan Your Space (a Division of Sparks Media Group) Founder and CEO Tom Sparks |
www.ScanYourSpace.com | www.SparksMediaGroup.com | @ScanYourSpace
Post 1 IP   flag post
DouglasMeyers private msg quote post Address this user
Matterport support told me 2,000 scans max.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
Denver
pixelray private msg quote post Address this user
I got 700 scans one night and then the app crashed...wouldn't take another scan at all.

Another day, I got to 550 and same thing...

So I have learned there is no rhyme or reason. It will die when it wants to.
Post 3 IP   flag post
MeshImages private msg quote post Address this user
The number of possible Pro3 scans depends on the amount of 3D data that you´ve captured. Exterior with trees is a lot of data. A lot more than in empty buildings.

But I´m impressed by more than 700 outdoor scan points in this model.

I´ve stopped at about 450 outdoor scan points and captured more than 65.000 m² in that Pro3 model. And I´ve made another one with about 1.200 Pro3 scan points for 26.000 m² indoor space.
Post 4 IP   flag post
101721 4 4
This topic is archived. Start new topic?