Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Floor PlansInteractive Floor PlansOverlaysQuestions

Matterport Overlay on a map/floorplan....?18732

Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
We have a customer for who we have previously done a Matterport tour ask if we could make an interactive floor map similar to this that would change seasonally:

https://www.heeman.ca/map/

I imagine there's lots of platforms that allow you to overlay links in certain areas but wondering if there's any in particular that the lot of you would recommend?
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
It really depends if you want to pay for it to someone monthly or have it for free.

As a paid service you can use threesixty.tours or some other overlays and use a drawn by you/provided by a customer map and put matterport links on it wherever you want.

As a free option you can just get an image map slicer app online, load your map in it, slice it into small pieces, apply a relevant link to each facility to a smaller image generated by a slicer from that facility on your map and it will spit out an HTML code for you. When code is implemented(simply copied) into your webpage it will show a map as a whole image but it will make these images assigned with links clickable.

If you or you client is on WordPress I am pretty sure there should be a few plugins offered that can slice and map an image.

There may be even some plugins now that will let you map an image without slicing it by letting you draw clickable areas on the image opposed to just slicing it into small rectangles/square just to make one or few clickable.

So as a start I would try to find it as an Wordpress plugin searching for image mapping.
Post 2 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
I was intrigued with this post and after a few search’s found this. I am not a Wordpress person so not sure about that or plug-in for it. But as @Wingman said it looks like whether a free version or monthly pay works for your customer. I know you were looking for input from actual users but this was what I found. Hopefully it helps.
https://www.proxi.co/blog/best-interactive-map-software-tools
Post 3 IP   flag post
GarySnyder private msg quote post Address this user
3DVista can do exactly what you want. It just a JPG map supplied by the client with hotspots added to it that link to the additional content. Then you place an additional skin on the map for the menu portion of the landing page. The hotspots can jump into MP VT's or any form of content just as the popup's on Heeman's are doing. Each popup houses an additional hotspot to link them to the actual site or location.

You can make changes whenever the client send you new content just update the site and it upload to their server.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN
3rd Party
Service
Beijing
JuMP private msg quote post Address this user
Our showcase report PDF is interactive.
And we can make other version on demand.

https://www.wegetaroundnetwork.com/topic/17369/page/1/showcase-report-of-matterport-pro3-official-demo-132804-sqft--767-points/
Post 5 IP   flag post
101429 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?