Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 661 Unique Visitors
9,066 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 35,099 Page Views | 18,938 Unique Visitors | 27 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Pro2QuestionsTrade Shows

Matterport Pro2 Camera handling CRT monitor flickering/banding?18712

evittore private msg quote post Address this user
Hello guys,

I try to do a virtual tour of a retro PC exhibition, which means a lot of CRT monitors (preferred to be turned on).

Does anyone have any experience how the Pro2 handles the whatever Hz flickering of the monitors?

I have no CRT-s at home (actually almost anywhere I guess ) to try it in advance, and also does not have the time to check it on site (scan/upload/wait for the model - just not enough time for that).
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@evittore

Thank you for asking this question. In nearly 10 years, it's the first time that it has been asked.

While I do not know the answer to your question, two thoughts:

1. Here is a workaround, just in case: Tip: (Video) How to Photoshop a 360 within a Matterport Tour for Android

2. Here is a 60,000 SQFT exhibition - shot after hours. You might "walk around" to see if you spot any monitors that are on and to see how Matterport handled it. (That said, @MatterFix shot it with a Matterport Pro3 Camera.

Quote:
Originally Posted by @MatterFix
Geo Week 2023 in Denver (Colorado Convention Center) 13-15 February 2023 | Matterport Digital Twin courtesy of MatterFix.io Founder Mike Vorce

Jam packed Geo-Week this year!

Digital Twins have definitely arrived!

Got a chance to put my Matterport Pro3 Camera thru the pace: 60,000 SQ FT in about 1 1/2 hours!

Still had 60% battery left.

Only had to redo 3 scans due to alignment!

Here is the same space - shot with a Matterport Pro2 Camera - in 2022 by @MatterFix

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatterFix
Here's a scan of the exhibit hall for GEO Week 2022! Walk around the show floor and check out the exhibits! Thanks to Dan for helping me coordinate this!

Matterport Digital Twin courtesy of MatterFix Founder Mike Vorce

---

If/when you know the answer to your question, please do share it with us.

Enjoy your weekend,

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
evittore private msg quote post Address this user
Hi all,

So I'm done with the scan. It was a tough one as I had only about 1-1.5 hours for ~800 m2, early in the morning before the opening of the exhibition, and the guys were already around, preparing stuff.

But the Pro2 handled the monitors (CRT, LCD, vintage monochrome gas plasma screens!) very well (of course except when ghosting occured in-pic, but that's fine).

But no banding visible (probably because of the quite long shutter speeds). And not much monitors were on yet anyway (as it turned out later, it was full house all day, so it would have been impossible to make the scan later than the preparation phase).

(sorry for Hungarian-only captions, please note that it's a fully nonprofit exhibition so please ignore that the place is basically a school's gym ):

Post 3 IP   flag post
ZUANT 3D
Sales Leads
& Real-Time
Insights
United Kingdom
samwoolford private msg quote post Address this user
Hi @evittore,

Looks like the scan came out the best it could. We over at Zuant recently scanned an expedition hall in Vegas for a Tradeshow Event Tech Live. The scan was shot with a Pro 2 which was perfect for this hall as it was indoors. The Pro2 handled the screens and various displays very well however we did find that the lights reflected off the floor quite sharply. This scan was shot at the end of the 1st day hence a few booths looking a little messy but there is only so much as photographers we can do!

Post 4 IP   flag post
101938 4 4
This topic is archived. Start new topic?