Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Matterport 2019 New PricingMatterport 2023 New PricingMatterport Classic PricingNewsPricing

Matterport 2023 New Pricing Announced 1:22 pm ET Tuesday, 16 May 202318642

SoldSquad private msg quote post Address this user
$10 to unarchive a model? Really?
It might make sense to just upload the scans again to create a new one, if they're still on your device, unless you spent much time editing the original.
Yeah - I just looked, and have almost all of the old scans I might ever want still saved in my iPad.
Post 26 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@KfromPoland

Thanks for sharing! You beat me to it.

Here's a screen grab of the same eBlast from Matterport.

Dan

--

eBlast received from Matterport 3:51 pm ET Tuesday, 16 May 2023

--

When I click on "your account page" I see the following:

Platform Subscription Agreement (PSA) (last updated 9 May 2023)

When I accept, I can see that our subscription renewal is: June 30, 2023

We are on a Classic Annual plan, I do not see anything to indicate that pricing is changing.

Dan
Post 27 IP   flag post
twinmoons private msg quote post Address this user
Interesting. I still haven't received anything from them about the Classic plan changes. But yeah, still worth keeping for sure!

Nevermind... spoke too soon. The email just landed in my inbox!
Post 28 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTLV
Thank you @KfromPoland

Oh!

Good fine.

I did not see a link to that Matterport Classic Pricing from the letter that I received.

Dan
Post 29 IP   flag post
dave3d private msg quote post Address this user
All in all I'd say I'm quite relieved as I expected changes considerably beyond what I understand now to be in effect. (quietly waiting for other shoe to drop) I'm also glad we completed a 120K scan yesterday before the changes went into effect. Seems now its more adjusting our pricing a little to cover new costs but nothing that dramatically changes our model. Now back off to the races!
Post 30 IP   flag post

Jamie private msg quote post Address this user
I'm sure they will find a way to squeeze out the classic plans eventually
Post 31 IP   flag post
Jamie private msg quote post Address this user
@SoldSquad exactly. that's something we would most likely do. Save each model to the computer, re-upload to an ipad and process again. It's a waste of their resources.
Post 32 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
I have just explained it on MOUG but it is not a price increase that may be ruining it for everyone. It is actually their idea to charge more for active spaces hosting based on a number of scans.

If it is an active client model they should be paying MSPs their own hosting fees and we can account for it. Although it makes it hard to even tell a client how much a hosting fee is going to be until you scan their space and know a number of scans required.

What Matterport is ruining and it is not just for MSPs but also for themselves is a huge range of examples of 3D tours hosted now online in MSP's portfolio and in Matterport Discover. I am not really keen to pay $9-12/month per big tour in my portfolio and I am for sure do not want to pay that much for it to be included in Matterport Discover. Without these examples to show to our clients on our websites selling Matterport tours will be much harder. That affects also all MSP's social sharing and as a result it will give the tech less exposure.
Post 33 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
@Wingman - I’ve been preaching that argument for years. I live in the desert. Showing a high rise condo on the beach or a mansion in the woods as an example isn’t scoring any points to win over trust with a possible new client. I want this company to collapse so badly. Hate supporting companies with no soul.
Post 34 IP   flag post
@VTLV This company didn't have a soul before, and since they have gone public, it has only gotten worse. But sadly, there still aren't any good comparable alternatives. It's just a matter of time.
Post 35 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
@twinmoons _ Private Equity killed this company before it could get off the ground. I recall waiting years for the promises the founder mentioned never coming to fruition.
Post 36 IP   flag post
@VTLV Wow, I hadn't seen this presentation before. I can't believe this was way back in 2014. Sad that things like deletion of furniture and recognition of objects is still not implemented. 100% correct about private equity killing the creativity of this company.
Post 37 IP   flag post
Expertise private msg quote post Address this user
This is all long con. They want to eliminate independent Matterport Providers and recruit worker bees to do the work as subcontractors for relative peanuts.
Post 38 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Inman (18 May 2023) Matterport overhauls account plans amid subscriber growth
Much-needed changes were made. Customers were lumped into buying what seemed like random blocks of home scans with big gaps between the number of digital twins allowed
Post 39 IP   flag post
dave3d private msg quote post Address this user
From what I saw price changes are for scans submitted after the change date. So now you can price in any
changes they made on new business.

Matterport is a company trying to make a profit. That's what companies do. They aren't there yet and they're struggling to find ways to become profitable. We service providers, no matter what they do, aren't going to be significant in moving them from loss to profitability. Even though we may contribute to profitability a bit we've already been added in and I doubt we'll expand much. The service side of Matterport is too hard. Think herding cats..... My guess is at some point they'll be acquired and placed into another model where they fit well.

Nonetheless, for now, they give us a great opportunity to make a profit. Will it change over time? yep...but tech always does and this isn't the first manufacturer I've worked with that saw service as profit they were giving away and wanted instead to capture for themselves. But as has always been the case with any company product lines I've been party too, when a manufacturer decides to do service it's never, and I mean NEVER, as good as that provided by quality service providers. Too many high quality people, that they couldn't afford to put into their own service model, run service businesses. Manufacturers seem to end up in a middle world of the best service providers and direct support in a not necessarily symbiotic relationship but still somewhat peaceful coexistence with the occasional conflict. I was always able to compete. I think any of us who are good will always be able to compete.

Product, pricing, equipment, tech will always change. People that sold land lines, VCRs, CD players, laser discs, any non cloud based voice or computer networks, made money then moved on. New and changing tech is how we got here in the first place. This won't be different.

For me I'm very glad they came, happy they continue to operate, and think I'll be able to modify programs and pricings to maintain a good business through their products. If you aren't profitable or feel you can't compete in their ecosystem find one you like better. If you decide to stay expect their prices to go up and programs to change as they search for profitability. Expect direct competition to come and sometimes go as they try differing methodologies. This isn't gonna be an easy thing for them - but it's possible that after a great deal of pain and suffering they'll get there. Stay as long as it makes sense for you and your model. In no case though expect this to be a static business model. It will absolutely be change with the flow and adapt.
Post 40 IP   flag post
Shakoure private msg quote post Address this user
ANOTHER PART OF THIS EQUATION... GENERATIVE AI:

As AI + mobile capture devices continue to gain astonishing capabilities, MP will be either forced to deliver for capture pros & end-users rather than shareholders (or watch as smaller, more nimble competitors eat their lunch). AI technologies are scalable and will cost significantly less than any of MP's pricing, past or current. And forget it if folks behind a spatial AI engine decide to open source (check out what happening with NeRF technology). That's exactly what Google was forced to do... supercharge their current line up of products with amazing AI features that users want, all without increasing costs on their consumers by a single penny. MP's entire business model (not just their tech) needs to be reimagined for an AI-driven future if they want to stay relevant.
Post 41 IP   flag post
101429 41 16
This topic is archived. Start new topic?