Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceGoogle MapsVideo

Is anyone currently using google aerial view? How do they use it?18635

inmerso3D private msg quote post Address this user
Hello everyone

Is anyone currently using google aerial view? How do they use it?

Google offers the API to connect, but is there any web service that offers the flight around directly?

Google Cloud Blog (10 May 2023) Google I/O Preview: Introducing new 3D imagery, map customization, and routing products
Post 1 IP   flag post
Expertise private msg quote post Address this user
It looks cool. I started to sign up but then clicked out.

I just HATE this "sign up for a free trial, give us your credit card and THEN we will let you know the cost". Just tell me what it costs before you waste my time.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
The flight around is coming from Google Earth Studio software. There were a few threads about it on the forum. Either search for them here or for its examples on YouTube.

Also you can do the same in Blender with some specific add-on for Google Maps. The studio also comes with an option to bring all 3D Map data to Blender to add your own objects and animation to it.

Just keep in mind that Google Maps in 3D is only available in big capital cities and some big landmarks, mountain ranges. In all other places there is no 3D on maps.
Post 3 IP   flag post
@Wingman
Thanks for the opinion.
I've done fly around manually with Google Earth Pro but I didn't know the existence of Google Earth Studio, I'm going to try it (With Blender I don't feel like it yet).
Regards!
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
If you are using Studio I believe Blender only needed if you want to add extra 3D objects to your fly through video. Otherwise it is all done in Studio.

Blender with MapsModelImporter Google Maps add-on can do the whole process without using Studio but you will have to render a final fly through video in Blender on your PC while Studio may do it in their cloud software.
Post 5 IP   flag post
@Wingman Thank you for your valuable answer.
I am already testing Studio and it is very acceptable.
And I still have the Blender task pending when I want to add the 3D in the areas when I don't have them in Studio.
Regards!
Post 6 IP   flag post
101436 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?