Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 25 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
QuestionsStorage

What type of local (office) storage and backup do you use?18508

Sdoughtie private msg quote post Address this user
What type of local (office) storage and backup do you use? I'm curious because the system I am using is getting rather inadequate.

I've never been much on cloud storage. I use a linux machine as the main file storage and a NAS as a backup.
Post 1 IP   flag post
HarlanHambright private msg quote post Address this user
For scan backups I was using imazing and moving scans to external drive. The models are now accessible through Capture, so I deleted all my local MP backups and reconstitute old jobs when necessary. All your other data, good luck.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Suisun City, California
ScanYourSpace private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sdoughtie
What type of local (office) storage and backup do you use? I'm curious because the system I am using is getting rather inadequate.

I've never been much on cloud storage. I use a linux machine as the main file storage and a NAS as a backup.

I built a nas server running truenas with about 37tb of storage. I can lose 2 drives and still have all my data. I have a cloud sync task that automatically backs it up to my google drive. That’s in my office. I also have the data that’s critical backed up to an 18tb qnap nas server. I don’t keep anything on my desktop or laptop.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Sdoughtie private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScanYourSpace
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sdoughtie

I built a nas server running truenas with about 37tb of storage. I can lose 2 drives and still have all my data. I have a cloud sync task that automatically backs it up to my google drive. That’s in my office. I also have the data that’s critical backed up to an 18tb qnap nas server. I don’t keep anything on my desktop or laptop.

dang, that’s amazing!
Post 4 IP   flag post
101646 4 4
This topic is archived. Start new topic?