Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 732 Unique Visitors
9,055 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,766 Page Views | 19,092 Unique Visitors | 27 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
How toPasswordsQR CodesTreedisZuantZUANT3D

How to divide a large Matterport model into smaller, individual models?18486

Sfalco private msg quote post Address this user
Hello,

Has anyone else had to divide a large space into smaller, separate models?

My client would like to put QR codes outside of each room of their building that link to a Matterport of that room only.

They also want to be able to make sure that visitors don’t have access to the Matterports once they leave the tour.

I thought that maybe that could be accomplished by having the links password protected and changing the passwords every 24 hrs.

As to dividing the space, my best guess is that maybe I could create copies of the model and then delete or hide all the scans except the featured room.

The person I spoke to at Support suggested I might be able to use the Trim tool as well. It’s a very daunting project and I’d appreciate any advice or ideas!

Thanks everyone,

Susan
VRTD360
Post 1 IP   flag post
LA360VR private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Susan,
Indeed, making copies, hiding points in the other rooms and trimming the dollhouse to just leave access & visual of a single room for each space seems to be the best way to do it. Also, you will need to use a deeplink for each space to enter exactly where you want otherwise the tour will always enter where the start point was setup. It is certainly time-consuming but not too complicated to do assuming that you don’t have dozens of rooms.
Post 2 IP   flag post
adostrophe private msg quote post Address this user
I think what support meant was to mark trims and windows in the Capture app (to remove the parts other than the featured room) and then upload. This way you won't have to duplicate the original model and manually delete scans. Post processing, you can use the dollhouse trim tool and set the appropriate start location.

QR and passwords are simple. The tricky part is to get the single use access. I had come across a situation where someone was trying to create a paying option for a museum. They might have used a 3rd party for it.
Post 3 IP   flag post
adostrophe private msg quote post Address this user
@Sfalco - Apparently, the ticketing system is available in Treedis, where you can define the number of hours, payment, etc.
I was unable to try it myself because I was in the free plan. Maybe you could contact their support team and take it forward. If your client can sponsor the charges, it's probably worth a try.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
WGAN-TV | Sales Lead Generation & Real-Time Insights for Matterport Tours powered by ZUANT | Guests: ZUANT Chief Executive Officer Peter Gillett and ZUANT Chief Technology Officer Dave Hickson | Episode: 174 | Thursday, 19 January 2023 | www.ZUANT3D.com | @petergillett

www.ZUANT3D.com

@Sfalco

Regarding limiting the use of the Matterport tour, using ZUANT3D (see above), your client could change the password.

An additional benefit is they get all the Matterport usage data for that guest.

Does that help?

Dan
Post 5 IP   flag post
101749 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?