Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 25 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
LargePro3Questions

Maximum scan points of Matterport Pro3 Camera? (Your largest Project?)18473

aerialpixels private msg quote post Address this user
Hi guys,

what are your largest projects you have scanned on the Pro3?
Post 1 IP   flag post
DouglasMeyers private msg quote post Address this user
Cruise Ship 1,100 ish scans. Matterport told my up to 2,000
Post 2 IP   flag post
GamelLarry private msg quote post Address this user
Had a job earlier this week that was 723 3d's and 44 360's.
Post 3 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
@GamelLarry how do the 360 compare to the Pro2 camera?
Post 4 IP   flag post
GamelLarry private msg quote post Address this user
I can't tell the difference on quality. But when you place them on the map it locks in on the location better than the Pro2
Post 5 IP   flag post
Thank you for the feedback.
Post 6 IP   flag post
MeshImages private msg quote post Address this user
Just went up to 1450 total with 150 Pro2 - about 25.000 sqm.
Post 7 IP   flag post
@MeshImages
Why did you mix pro2 and pro3 scans?
Post 8 IP   flag post
@aerialpixels Could not get proper alignment with pro3 - and I also wanted to save data space on the iPad as the Pro3 scans are much more detailed (this was my assumption to be honest).
Post 9 IP   flag post
@MeshImages Interesting to note that your pro2 gave better alignment than pro3!
Post 10 IP   flag post
@MeshImages I thought that was supposed to decrease alignment issues because the Pro3 did capture so much more data to align by. I am starting to do larger buildings no where near that size but doing 3-4 hundred scans with a Pro2 and old iPad Pro 10.5.

Because I was having so many alignment issues I upgraded to newest iPad Pro. That decreased my alignment issues actually sped up scan process. So I was actually considering pulling the trigger on the Pro3. So could you please expand on comments about alignment issues with the Pro3. What iPad are you using?
Post 11 IP   flag post
@ron0987 I had an iPad Pro 2020 with only 6GB Ram - and furthermore I was scanning with an older version of the capture app software. In the meantime I have upgraded to an iPad Pro 2022 with M2 and 16 GB Ram.

Nonetheless I would not go to a larger scan project with only the Pro3 as there can be situations, where you cannot scan with the Pro3 but with the Pro2 - I had problems with a special type of ceiling structure, where the Pro3 was not performing as good as the Pro2. Therefore it is better to have the possibility to switch cameras.
Post 12 IP   flag post
@MeshImages Thanks for update and info.
Post 13 IP   flag post
@MeshImages

>> I would not go to a larger scan project with only the Pro3 as there can be situations, where you cannot scan with the Pro3 but with the Pro2 -

Reminds me of the saying about equipment '2 is one and one is none'
Now having seen that other post of that photographer who's Pro3 stopped working in Africa,
I would definitely bring some backup form of capture especially in overseas jobs
Post 14 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Suisun City, California
ScanYourSpace private msg quote post Address this user
I have a model right now up to 650 scans on the pro 3 all outdoor and still adding to it.

Tom Sparks Scan Your Space (a Division of Sparks Media Group) Founder and CEO Tom Sparks |
www.ScanYourSpace.com | www.SparksMediaGroup.com
Post 15 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
JW Marriott Mauritius Resort | Grand Beachfront Villa | Matterport Digital Twin by Grand Bay, Rivière du Rempart, Mauritius-based Formateur Visites Virtuelles Studio Photographer JP Moris

"22,639.41 ft² with four swimming pools. We incorporated over 200 scans in the final digital twin — that’s how big it is!"

Matterport Blog (4 April 2023) Dive into the crystal clear waters of Mauritius at the Grand Beachfront Villa | Explore the idyllic setting of this stunning location with Visites Virtuelles Studio
Post 16 IP   flag post
101646 16 16
This topic is archived. Start new topic?