Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 30 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
CanonSale

Canon Sale on Refurbished: Quality real estate photo kit on a budget18448

Expertise private msg quote post Address this user
Canon US is having a really nice sale on Refurbished stuff right now.

This is the setup we use, and we are very happy with the results.

We use a Canon RP body, their entry level full frame mirrorless.
We add an R/EF adaptor.
We use an EF-S 10-22mm crop frame lens.
Ease of use, nice images. A nice kit.
In addition, using a crop frame lens on the full frame gets you very manageable file sizes which process, upload and download much quicker.

Current retail is $1700 plus tax. But we always buy refurbished (from Canon direct).
Both the body and lens prices are slashed right now.

I just picked up a body, lens and adaptor for $1097 plus tax.

Hope this helps someone.

https://www.usa.canon.com/shop/cameras/refurbished-cameras
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
lilnitsch private msg quote post Address this user
I am holding out for Sony's new High End APS-C E-mount camera(s) that are due out this summer
Post 2 IP   flag post
Expertise private msg quote post Address this user
Nice!

We have an A7iii.
We use the Sony 10-18 crop frame lens. Gives you a great 3600 x 2400 RAW file.

But- We like to shoot brackets of 7, and the Sonys won't do it easily.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
lilnitsch private msg quote post Address this user
I am actually shooting with the little a6400 bodies with the same 10-18mm
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
I have found that TTartisan 7.5mm F2.0 APS-C Frame Fisheye Lens works great with a full frame sony(mine is A7rIV)

As you can see it is aps-c lens but it is similar to projection what you can expect from famous Canon 8-15mm. It is just with Canon lens you get a full circle projected on a full frame while a lot of sensor frame is wasted. However with TTartisan 7.5mm F2.0 in full frame mode you get shortest size of the frame covered in full and the longest has a circle close to the frame ages.
As a result you can get almost 17K 360 photo with just 5 shots(in one row only) using Sony A7rIV. I tilt the lens up about 7-10 degrees and it leaves only a small hole at nadir that is smaller than tripod legs captured there.

The only problem with this lens is a bit of blue glare in photos around its outer circle edge but you can see it only at zenith and nadir. And moreover in PtGui you can adjust in settings a circle that is used for stitching and it will still be stitched. There is a profile in PtGui for this lens.

When I bought a7rIV I was planning to use my Canon 8-15mm with an adapted but it turned out to be very have and long setup. Bought Laowa 10-18mm full frame but realised I'd need a lot of shots to make it work in any space. However after watching some channel recommending TTartisan 7.5mm F2.0 lens for 360 even for a full fame tried it. I love it and I can even use it in small rooms with very low 2-2.4m ceiling.

I would use APS-C cameras for 360 as they are small and lightweight. However it would be hard to make a hires 360 with them as most sony aps-c cameras come with a 24mp sensor
Post 5 IP   flag post
101635 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?