Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 25 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Baseball StadiumLargeOutdoorsPro3WGANTV Live at 5

"What I Learned from Using a Matterport Pro3 to Scan a Baseball Stadium"18435

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

Text Me 5 Minutes Before WGAN-TV is Live | WGAN-TV | Tom Sparks (Sparks Media Group): “What I Learned from Using a Matterport Pro3 Camera to Scan a Baseball Stadium” | Guest: Scan Your Space (a Division of Sparks Media Group) Founder and CEO Tom Sparks | Episode: 183 | Thursday, 30 March 2023 | www.ScanYourSpace.com | www.SparksMediaGroup.com | @ScanYourSpace

Tom Sparks (Sparks Media Group): “What I Learned from Using a Matterport Pro3 Camera to Scan a Baseball Stadium”

Hi All,

-- What are some of the possible uses of a Matterport digital twin of a baseball stadium?
-- If you 'pitch' a baseball park, what are some of the ways that you might charge?
-- What are some of the hardest things about scanning a baseball stadium?

Find out the answers to these questions - and many more - on WGAN-TV Live at 5 on Thursday, March 30, 2023 when my guest will be Scan Your Space (a Division of Sparks Media Group) Founder and CEO Tom Sparks for the topic:

WGAN-TV | "What I Learned from Using a Matterport Pro3 Camera to Scan a Baseball Stadium"

Here are some of the questions that I anticipate asking Tom during the show:

1. What are possible use cases for scanning a baseball stadium?
2. How would you charge a client to do this work (hourly, day rate, flat rate)?
3. Aside from the Matterport Pro3 Camera, what supporting equipment did you have?
4. What were some of the expected challenges you encountered?
5. What were some of the unexpected challenges you encountered?
6. Did you have any alignment issues, if so how did you overcome them?
7. What was the easiest part of this job?
8. What was the hardest part of this job?
9. What was the feedback from the client about the work you turned in?

Other questions that I should ask Tom during this WGAN-TV Live at 5 show?

Best,

Dan

P.S. Have you scanned a baseball stadium with a Matterport Pro3 Camera? What have you learned from that experience?

---

Get on the WGAN Map | View WGAN Map | Join WGAN Sponsor

WGAN.INFO/pro3alerts | www.JoinWGAN.com | Text pro3alerts to 877-805-0960 | powered by texting platform: www.SimpleTexting.com

Small ($219.99) | WGAN.INFO/MPPro3WGAN1 (Master D2011-7 Case) (wheels)
Medium ($194.99) | WGAN.INFO/MPPro3WGAN2 (Expert D1913-7 Case) (no wheels)
Large ($264.99) | WGAN.INFO/MPPro3WGAN3 (Maestro D2116-7 Case) (wheels, more storage)

Use this We Get Around Network (WGAN) affiliate link to buy any hard case from WGAN.INFO/MyCaseBuilder and receive - free - 12 Months WGAN-TV Training U in Matterport.

Use this We Get Around Network (WGAN) affiliate link to buy a Matterport Pro3 Camera via Amazon - WGAN.INFO/Amazon-300 - and receive - free - 12 Months WGAN-TV Training U in Matterport.

WGAN-TV Podcast Play List: Pro3 | WGAN Forum Playlist: Pro3

WGAN Forum Discussion: WGAN Cheat Sheet: Cost Worksheet for Matterport Pro3 Camera

Join the WGAN List | Join WGAN Forum

Matterport Pro3 Camera | Matterport Pro3 Camera Acceleration Kit

WGAN Free Resources for Matterport Pro3 Camera:

WGAN Forum | Pro3 Topics
wgan.info/pro3topics

WGAN-TV Podcast | Pro3 Shows
wgan.info/pro3podcasts

WGAN Forum Podcast | Pro3 Shows
wgan.info/pro3audiopodcasts

WGAN Pro3 Cost Worksheet
wgan.info/pro3costworksheet

WGAN Text Alerts | Pro3 News
wgan.info/pro3alerts

WGAN-TV Training U | Pro3 Courses
Post 1 IP   flag post
MeshImages private msg quote post Address this user
Yeah, of course I have questions:

- how many scan points?
- does the tour still play in the browser (pc and mobile - eg 16GB or 32 GB Ram and 8GB Ram on mobile)?
- is it possible to scan even bigger objects with this equipment (I guess iPad M2/16GB)?
- how do Tom's legs feel after two days continuous scanning?
- will Tom scan another stadium or will he say “no, never again”
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@MeshImages

Awesome questions. Thanks for your patience waiting for this WGAN-TV Live at 5 show.

I could image that Tom walked many miles!

Enjoy your weekend.

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
One more question: would Tom agree to the following statement: „the Matterport Pro3 camera is a milestone in the development of reality capturing technology - an absolutely epic camera and software platform.“
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@MeshImages

Any additional questions for today's show?

Dan
Post 5 IP   flag post
Yes, what does he think is the maximum number of scan points outdoors in a stadium or in an urban environment - I recently did about 450 and covered about 55000 sqm.
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeshImages
Yes, what does he think is the maximum number of scan points outdoors in a stadium or in an urban environment - I recently did about 450 and covered about 55000 sqm.

@MeshImages

Yes. I will ask Tom about number of scans too.

Doing an incredibly large space - like a baseball stadium - likely uncovers all kinds of things to think about that are not necessary when you are scanning a house, for example.

Thanks for sharing that you have done 450 scans within a model with the Matterport Pro3 Camera.

Dan
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
WGAN-TV | Tom Sparks (Sparks Media Group): “What I Learned from Using a Matterport Pro3 Camera to Scan a Baseball Stadium” | Guest: Scan Your Space (a Division of Sparks Media Group) Founder and CEO Tom Sparks | Episode: 183 | Thursday, 30 March 2023 | www.ScanYourSpace.com | www.SparksMediaGroup.com | @ScanYourSpace

Tom @ScanYourSpace

Thank you again for sharing what you learned from using a Matterport Pro3 Camera to scan a baseball stadium on this episode of WGAN-TV Live at 5 (recording above).

Best,

Dan
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScanYourSpace
I scanned Oracle Park in San Francisco, home of the San Francisco Giants, with a Matterport Pro 3 and Matterport Pro 2 camera. In this video I share a bit about my experience and discuss some issues I ran across as well as use cases for why a stadium should be scanned.

Link to blog article I wrote with use cases discussed: https://scanyourspace.com/blog/f/use-cases-for-scanning-a-stadium

Video: Matterport Pro 3 Scan of a baseball stadium: Tips & use cases for why a stadium should be scanned. | Video courtesy of Sparks Media Group's YouTube Channel | 30 March 2023 | Scan Your Space (a Division of Sparks Media Group) Founder and CEO Tom Sparks |
www.ScanYourSpace.com | www.SparksMediaGroup.com | @ScanYourSpace

Tom @ScanYourSpace

Thanks for also sharing your video (above) with the WGAN Forum community.

Dan
Post 9 IP   flag post
Thanks, Dan and Tom Sparks, this was a great show! Thank you Tom for sharing all these useful informations.

As you are both active on YouTube I also want to share something useful with you.

When you open a YouTube Video with https://youtubetranscript.com/ you get an instant clickable transcript, that lets you jump directly to the statement in that video. The Text Layout can be improved, but you usually read faster than watching through the videos.

I’ve found this very useful especially for tutorial videos.
Post 10 IP   flag post
101646 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?