Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 1,001 Unique Visitors
9,054 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 33,924 Page Views | 18,799 Unique Visitors | 26 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Pro2Pro3Wish List

My Matterport feature requests as of 3/15/2318420

WGAN Fan
Club Member
Suisun City, California
ScanYourSpace private msg quote post Address this user
Video: Matterport feature requests as of 3/15/23 | Video courtesy of Sparks Media Group's YouTube Channel | 15 March 2023 | Scan Your Space (a Division of Sparks Media Group) Founder and CEO Tom Sparks |
www.ScanYourSpace.com | www.SparksMediaGroup.com | @ScanYourSpace
Post 1 IP   flag post
HarlanHambright private msg quote post Address this user
Clone feature similar to blur tool.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Suisun City, California
ScanYourSpace private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarlanHambright
Clone feature similar to blur tool.

please elaborate on this.
Post 3 IP   flag post
HarlanHambright private msg quote post Address this user
For fixing camera reflections. Cloning (like in photoshop) replaces image with adjacent info instead of just blurring it out.
Post 4 IP   flag post
FilmDP private msg quote post Address this user
AGREED !..... I work for a museum and we scan every new installation in our main gallery so viewers who can not visit the museum can virtually visit. We could also benefit from a number of your feature requests, in particular being able to update our model when install a new show in the main gallery. We need to reuse other scanned areas of the museum that have not changed, while also keeping their tags intact.

Also, I would like to add an additional request to your list.

CAMERA FEATURE REQUEST: Ability to pause scanning between the 4 image captures with the new Pro3 camera. In our museum models, we often have artwork, photographs and objects that are behind glass. Of course seeing a reflection of our Pro3 camera, along with everything else in the background in the glass is very annoying and certainly not professional in regards to good photography techniques. To solve this is quite simple with standard photography. Put a Sheet of black foam core, or a large black solid behind the camera so you have no reflection in the glass. I would like to point the camera at the artwork or object behind glass, put the black solid behind the camera, and start the scan capture, but pause after the first scan so we could remove the black, step out of the way, then continue the scan of the remaining 3 images. We now have a beautiful 360 scan with no reflections. MAGIC... how did they do that??

Thank you for your list.
Post 5 IP   flag post
MeshImages private msg quote post Address this user
Agreed, very good collection of helpful features.

I also think, that multi-camera upload (maybe with stitching in workshop) would be a big new feature.

Furthermore I would like to see the integration of drone captures. It would be great, if we could integrate 3D-scans from - maybe the Skydio Drone.
Post 6 IP   flag post
101729 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?