Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 28 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Pro2Pro3Sparks Media GroupTrimmingVersusVideo

Video: Matterport Pro2 vs. Pro3: Timing, are you saving more time w/ Pro3?18380

WGAN Fan
Club Member
Suisun City, California
ScanYourSpace private msg quote post Address this user
Video: Matterport Pro 2 vs. Pro 3: Timing, are you saving more time with the Pro 3? | Video courtesy of Sparks Media Group's YouTube Channel | 3 March 2023 | Scan Your Space (a Division of Sparks Media Group) Founder and CEO Tom Sparks |
www.ScanYourSpace.com | www.SparksMediaGroup.com | @ScanYourSpace
Post 1 IP   flag post
Vanaman06 private msg quote post Address this user
I would say yes I am saving time with the Pro3 vs Pro2. Commercial Jobs that typically take 4 hours are taking me 3-3.25 with the Pro3. If all
I had to do was scan I could easily do 20-30 more scans per hour with a Pro3. Also much less alignment issues and moved objects/people have less effect. Also you can scan further apart without issues.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Suisun City, California
ScanYourSpace private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanaman06
I would say yes I am saving time with the Pro3 vs Pro2. Commercial Jobs that typically take 4 hours are taking me 3-3.25 with the Pro3. If all
I had to do was scan I could easily do 20-30 more scans per hour with a Pro3. Also much less alignment issues and moved objects/people have less effect. Also you can scan further apart without issues.

Less alignment issues for sure! and when you take those saved seconds and multiply them out it does add up!
Post 3 IP   flag post
Only issue I’ve found with the Pro3 is that it takes much longer to delete scans. It’s obviously deleting more data but with better alignment there are less deletions.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Fmodjr1913 private msg quote post Address this user
I'm curious to know if the difference in time remains 6 seconds or so when the scan is attempting to make connections. ...so would scan #2, scan #20 and scan number #200 also have a 6 second differentiation?
Post 5 IP   flag post
I think this would depend more on the device used to run the Matterport. I use iPhone 13 Pro Max 512gb to run the Pro3 and haven’t noticed any slow down up to 300 scans.

Pro3 also has better Wi-Fi. Much less slow down if you have to move far away from the camera and I haven’t once dropped connection from the Pro3 yet. Pro2 would dramatically slow down if you had to go to the next room and sometimes would continue to be slow. It also had issues with mesh Wi-Fi in homes and ring doorbells.
Post 6 IP   flag post
101641 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?