Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 488 Unique Visitors
9,049 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 33,567 Page Views | 18,421 Unique Visitors | 30 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
PaymentsPricingQuestion of the DayQuestions

How much do Matterport Capture Services Pros Get Paid?18370

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
How much do Matterport Capture Services Pros Get Paid?

Hi All,

I noticed the following discussion in this WGAN Forum discussion:

=> "I Paid $299 for a Matterport Digital Pro Package-What MSPs Should Know"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScanYourSpace
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8643d
Definitely a threat at that price point. The photos aren’t perfect, but better than I had expected them to be. I’m sure they locked down SEO on Google to show up first on search results and most people will use the first provider they find.

I’m curious to know how much they are paying local photographers to capture for them. I charge $300 for Matterport up to 3000 SqFt and 36 photos with aerials.

My Matterport capture insider says that they pay the capture technicians $120 to scan up to 2k sq ft and then $160 for 2k-2500 sq ft.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Chicago
Frankie3d private msg quote post Address this user
Are they pulling the stills out of the Matterport camera?
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
WGAN-TV | Tom Sparks (Sparks Media Group): I Paid $299 for a Matterport Digital Pro Package for a RE Listing: What Every MSP Should Know | Guest: Scan Your Space (a Division of Sparks Media Group) Founder and CEO Tom Sparks | Episode: 178 | Tuesday, 28 February 2023 | www.ScanYourSpace.com | www.SparksMediaGroup.com | @ScanYourSpace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie3d
Are they pulling the stills out of the Matterport camera?

@Frankie3d

In this WGAN-TV Live at 5 show (above), we discuss Matterport Digital Pro bundled - that includes photos exported from the Matterport tour.

You can compare the Matterport Digital Pro exported images to Pro shot images of the same property here:

=> "I Paid $299 for a Matterport Digital Pro Package-What MSPs Should Know"

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Saugatuck, Michigan
fotoguy private msg quote post Address this user
A bit off topic but it’s discussed in this thread. Why all the negativity about pulling photos from the tour? We always do it. I have to watch not to show items that are stretched. We photoshop the photos and they look great. Never a complaint. Why do a mp and dslr, Seems like a time waster. We often do outside photos with a dslr because the pro 2 can be crappy outside.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
Denver
pixelray private msg quote post Address this user
@twoguys: I wouldn't call it negativity. I would just say that there is just no comparison bw MP pulled photos and a real professional photo taken with a professional camera and edited appropriately.

I have taken pics from MP camera many times and for people wanting that level of service and doesn't need high end photography, it's totally fine.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Saugatuck, Michigan
Thanks pixelray. I guess I would respectfully disagree. The prices of the houses we photograph range from one million to six million. We use a dslr when they do not want a tour. If they want a tour, we take them from the mp and get rave review. We work with the elite agents in the area and have never had a comment about the quality of mp images compared to dslr images. Kudos to my editor for making them look so good.
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
Denver
pixelray private msg quote post Address this user
@fotoguy how much editing do they do on the matterport images? From when I try to edit them, I don't seem to get very much out of them in regards to making them look that much better. I may have to do some side by side comparison so you can see what I'm talking about. I use lighting and there's just no comparison in my final product versus a matterport still. I could see where there wouldn't be that much difference just doing HDR blends which I know a lot of people do in our industry. I also think it has to do a lot with the home itself in regards to lighting, paint, the overall condition of the home. For example, lower light homes with heavy warm tone paints, I can make look so much better with my setup and process versus a MP still. But in a more modern home with light colored neutral paint and good natural light, I could see where a matterport still would look pretty good.
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Saugatuck, Michigan

Two sample images taken from MP2
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
I am offering MP photos for free with any 3D tour but I barely do them as usually I am booked as a tour scanning service and a client either has photos or booking a photographer at the same time.

However I have generated a lot of them just to show what clients can get for free with a 3d tour. They are only warped if you capture a really wide angle and you can see on some that objects on sides are distorted but it is rare where such a wide angle is required. It is nothing like professional DSLR photos but they cost my clients nothing.
None of them have been post processed.
Post 9 IP   flag post
dave3d private msg quote post Address this user
We’ve done million plus property photos many times from Matterport. Keep in mind placements aren’t just for tours and height changes when appropriate. No complaints and all sold
Post 10 IP   flag post
101600 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?