Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Help Wanted

Help You Succeed Faster as a Matterport Pro1834

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
I am on a mission to help you succeed faster as a Matterport Pro.

I founded the Matterport User Group Forum to form a community around the Matterport platform about giving and getting help.

I founded the We Get Around Referral Network to help Matterport Pros increase revenue.

While I make money both as a Matterport Service Provider in Atlanta and through monthly Membership in the Referral Network, the most satisfying experience for me is thriving on the positive energy from you about how either I – or the community - is helpful you. This is a labor of love for me.

And, that's helpful, because not everyday is easy. Not easy for me. Not easy for you. We all know that it takes persistence and positive energy to help others visualize the future today that we all see - clearly. Not everyone gets it. You do. You bought a Camera (or about to buy a Matterport Camera). You are investing in your future and often others just don't get it about how you can help them.

So, for me, it's nice to hear from you how I am helping you. When I have a difficult day, I like to read your love notes. The positive energy is a huge boost to keep me fired up.

So, today (17 May 2016), I am asking you for your help.

1. If the Matterport User Group Forum has been helpful to you, please describe one example in this thread.
2. If the We Get Around Referral Network has helped you, please describe how. One example would be great.
3. If you have received an email from me, and I was helpful, please share here.
4. If we chatted by phone or Skype, and you found our conversation helpful, please post an example here.
5. If you haven't joined the MUG Forum, how about joining and sharing your story?

And, please indulge me as I post some of the comments I receive by email here too. I will keep those anonymous.

Whom wants to start it off?

Thank you,

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
I received this note today (17 May 2016) when I emailed a marketing video - customized with the recipients contact info and company logo ...

"YOU’RE THE BEST!! THANKS SO MUCH DAN! SOUNDS AMAZING! LOOKS GREAT! ;-) THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!"

What a great feeling to know that I am helping someone succeed faster.

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
immersiveprop private msg quote post Address this user
I will kick things off. The MUG is a great source for information and tips on how to make our scans better. As we are all pushing the envolop with this technology, it is great to have a place where we can ask questions, connect with other pros and get ideas as to how to improve the services we provide.
Post 3 IP   flag post
RandyAggie private msg quote post Address this user
I received my first paid business from a referral on this site. And I can't tell you how much I've learned by reading the forums. I'm still discovering how to use features by reading this forum.
Post 4 IP   flag post
DBurroughs private msg quote post Address this user
I like helping other scanners (I know I have a lot more to give) and seeing what other people are scanning. Oh, and showing off- I love showing off!
Post 5 IP   flag post
Albany, NY
bmnyphoto private msg quote post Address this user
Let me say very new to MUG and to Matterport. I have done a couple of shoot, and really enjoy it so far. I am trying to learn as much as possible. The main thing that helped me was WHAT TO BUY!!! It came in extremely handy. I am looking to join as a RE Agent/Photographer, but I need to get some monies in the bank... Thanks, Bob
Post 6 IP   flag post
Omaha, NE
judysmithre private msg quote post Address this user
I feel so fortunate to be part of MUG. Everyone is so very helpful by posting helpful hints, tips and warnings. If you ever run into problems with your Matterport, you can usually find the answer here!

Dan, you are the best!!!!

Judy Smith
RE/MAX Professionals
Omaha, NE
Post 7 IP   flag post
Orange, California
craigsauer private msg quote post Address this user
Without Ross Peterson of the WP3D plugin and Petra Soderling of Blue Sketch, both of whom I met via this group, my business wouldn't be what it is, and I'd be spending lots more of my time managing web pages and making floor plans instead of scanning properties and building my business.

This group has helped me in countless other ways, from a sense of community and camaraderie, to helping solve problems and improve my technique. Thanks, Dan!

Craig
Post 8 IP   flag post
Ken100 private msg quote post Address this user
Hi,

I like to check the topics here. If I need information on how to get clients, related topics spark my thoughts. Thanks for this forum.
Post 9 IP   flag post
manolohk private msg quote post Address this user
Hi,

I love receiving updates in my email and reading thread titles so I can see if either I can help out or I feel related to the topic.

I also like to search for cases in which other MSP have already done what I´m about to do and learn from them.

I learned a lot with the "Outdoors· thread and the "low illumination" thread.
Post 10 IP   flag post
walk360 private msg quote post Address this user
This Group is a great source for tips and ideas. It has help me a lot on making my scans better and to get ideas on how to do crazy and weird scans with my MP to satisfy my customers needs.
Thanks a lot!
Post 11 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
A MUG Member writes today: (19 May 2016)

"One of the great things about this forum is the help we receive from each other."

Another MUG Member writes today: (19 May 2016)

"I just want you to know that I very much value your friendship and I 100% believe in what you’re doing ..."

Dan
Post 12 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
A MUG Member writes Saturday (21 May 2016) ...

"Thank you for all your effort with the forum! I look forward to participating and as we pull the trigger on the MP. I anticipate becoming a member of We Get Around as well."

Dan
Post 13 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @MeshImages
Hello Everyone,

My name is Florian and I am the founder of MESH Images in Berlin, Germany. We are providing Matterport services as well as a portfolio of other services for 3D scanning, 360° content and VR Visualisation.

I have been following this forum since we have ordered our first matterport camera back in Novemver 2015. The informations we have got from this forum were very, very, very helpful for the setup of our matterport service here on the old continent.

Therefore: thank you all for your contributions.

And a special thanks goes to Dan Smigrod for setting up this fantastic community.

Thank you and good luck
Florian
Post 14 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
A MUG Member PM'ed me today (1 June 2016):

"Great job with the site, you have made a wonderful community and a great niche for your business bravo."
Post 15 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @RPOceanic

Hello everyone- I am in Southern California and hoping to have an MP camera in my hands in the near future. Being a bit on the analytical side, I normally do my fair share of homework in order to make informed decisions. Which is what brought me here!

Having a resource such as this available is definitely a big positive. I look forward to learning more and someday- being a provider of information here rather than a seeker.
Cheers.
Rich
Post 16 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
The Matterport User Group Forum has been a labor of for almost two years now.

If you find the MUG Forum helpful, I hope you will take a moment to post to this thread ....

I could use some ....

Your Matterpeep,

Dan
Post 17 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
I am always thrilled to get love notes from MUG Members.

Here's one I received today from a MUG Forum Member and new We Get Around Referral Network Member (8 August 2016) via email:

"Thank you so much! You are killing it. .... Thanks again for your help. What you do for this community is unreal and I know we all appreciate it!"

Much thanks! Made my day.

Best,

Dan
Post 18 IP   flag post
101424 18 18
This topic is archived. Start new topic?