Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 28 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
ResearchTosolini Productions

[R&D] Using Luma AI and NeRF technology to showcase travel landmarks18331

Tosolini
Productions
Bellevue, Washington
Tosolini private msg quote post Address this user

Here's a video I made showcasing some popular landmarks in Trieste, Italy - my hometown. I used an app called Luma AI on my iPhone to 3D scan these locations and create a video featuring different angles of the 3D models.

This technology is called NeRF (Neural Radiance Field) and it uses Artificial Intelligence to generate new views of complex 3D scenes based on a limited set of 2D images.
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Tosolini

That's amazing!

Plus, nice to see your hometown of Trieste, Italy.

Thank you for sharing this with Luma AI meets NeRF example with the WGAN Forum Community.

AI is everywhere!

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Tosolini

P.S. I (just) downloaded Luma AI, as a result of your post.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
New York City
Jonathan_Klein private msg quote post Address this user
Well done @Tosolini

Sharing our Show & Tour featuring LUMA AI

https://show.tours/onewall
Post 4 IP   flag post
Tosolini
Productions
Bellevue, Washington
@dansmigrod thanks!
@jonathan_klein very cool industry use case of NeRF. Well done!
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
Check Earth Studio as you do not need to be there to capture location and you can use all google maps data including 3D to make it from air. And it works with Blender allowing to add 3d models into a final video. I bet closeups are not going to be very detailed but it looks great from some elevation.

Here is a link to it and there are plenty of videos on YouTube.
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
this one has been made with it. I sent a request to get access to it but it was yesterday. It could be a way to do realestate drone videos if a property has enough 3d data on google.

Post 7 IP   flag post
Tosolini
Productions
Bellevue, Washington
@wingman Thanks! I agree that Google Earth could be a great tool for 3D animations. My understanding though is that their license doesn't allow commercial use, which may be limiting.

Can I use Earth Studio for commercial applications?
We currently do not offer a license to use Google Earth imagery for commercial applications. This includes using Earth Studio content without attribution.
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
I am quite sure it is going to be a commercial licence for it as it makes almost no sense for any private use. Moreover even if it is created for travel/tourism it is kind of commercial use already.

Meanwhile I have finally got my hands on RenderDoc+MapImporter for Blender. And with some trick learnt yesterday from one guy I can say it is very good for areas with tall buildings like CBDs.

I will log into my 3D pc now where I run my Blender and post a render I have done for some big chunk of Brisbane CBD and post it below. I believe it is a level of details we can expect from Google Earth Studio.
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia

As you can see some budlings have good topology and textures and some are not. It is only because hires data for them is actually missing on Google Maps. However it seems to be the best way for now to get 3D Google Maps into Blender. All other add-ons cannot even do anything close to it.
Post 10 IP   flag post
101636 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?