Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3D ShowcaseMatterTagsPro2QuestionsStrategyTips

How to link 2 Matterport tours from 1 house? (Carriage House + Main House)18303

WGAN Standard
Saugatuck, Michigan
fotoguy private msg quote post Address this user
I recently photographed a large home and it had a carriage house a distance away from the main house.

We did two MP tours(one for house, one for carriage house.

Any suggestions on the best way to incorporate the carriage house tour?

I'm thinking a Mattertag that has the link to the carriage house. I would welcome any other suggestions!
Post 1 IP   flag post
HarlanHambright private msg quote post Address this user
Mattertag on both ends with link to closest scan of the other building.
Post 2 IP   flag post
denlee private msg quote post Address this user
Another way is to stack the two tours like this, which I did in Show and Tour:
LINK
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Buffalo, New York
GETMYVR private msg quote post Address this user
I had to do the exact same thing last week. A duplex with no shared entry . Here's what I got and it's live now. Linked Matterport models. I added a customized icon on the front door. I wish you could adjust matter tag sizes.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
lilnitsch private msg quote post Address this user
Matter Tag's on either end is the easiest as others have mentioned. I will sometimes swap over to a Z1 to pick up some exterior connecting spaces while in the field. Sometimes with a little patience and forgiving light you can connect exterior space with the Pro2 alone like I did on this property:

Post 5 IP   flag post
evittore private msg quote post Address this user
I was just asked to do the same (2 separate buildings inside one courtyard, like 15 meters / 50 feet apart) next week.

I wonder if scanning the interiors with Pro2 and then at the entry doors, switching to Z1 for the outside route, could work out connecting the 2 buildings inside one model, has anyone done similar stuff?

It's a big open yard, scan was arranged to 10:00 AM so no chance of Pro2 scan outside, I suppose.

But then worst case linking the 2 houses' interiors with Mattertags could be the solution...
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
lilnitsch private msg quote post Address this user
@evittore

When switching between the Pro2 and Z1 (or any supported 360 camera) I found you will often need to overlap a scan position or two to get capture to align the scan positions
Post 7 IP   flag post
Grr. So the scan was delayed until today. We had a nice sparkling sunshiny weather at 11AM (yeah, irony), at the entrance I switched to Z1 as I planned, and everything went surprisingly well until the ~5th scan with it, when everything just fell apart (my phone constantly said "Cannot connect to the network" even though I could connect, and start the shot with Z1, but transfer always failed.... restarted both, but did not work, probably overheat?).

Anyway as there was time pressure I finished as mentioned above (entry tag to the other house's scan). It's fine I guess:

I would have been sooo happy if I could have done it in one model... but that's life, client is happy this way also, as initially I told her it's gonna be 2 models with 2 separate links, so it's still better this way. Thanks to all for the useful hints!
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
You could try it with your Pro2 and it could work. See what happens when people made sure they need a 360 camera to do outdoor. There is no magic with a Z1, you just do not need to place its 360 on a minimap and click convert to 3D. It happens automatically comparing with a 360 view from a Pro2 and converting it to 3D. Z1 has 6 times less resolution than a Pro2. And pixels count is important as they are used in photogrammetry way to convert a 360 to 3D.
If there were some vertical objects along this 15 meters path a pro2 could even work in full sunlight with 3D scanning. The worst that could happen you could end up with a path without much data placed on a minimap. I had success scanning much longer paths during daylight and bright sun.

However even in case it did not work you could just capture 360 views with a pro2 and convert them to 3D.
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Buffalo, New York
GETMYVR private msg quote post Address this user
I'm not sure how well APRIL TAGS work outside with the Pro2 or Z1, but might be worth a shot to go back and try to add it to the previous scan job. See if it uploads and renders correctly.
Post 10 IP   flag post
For me, job's done, as it was a 2 x 1.5 hour drive to this (sort of) farm, with almost 3 weeks of arrangment between me, the realtor and the owner until we could finally sort the schedule out (oh I did not even mention that there were 3 families viewing the property during the scan, so I had to stop and pack my stuff 3 times... The realtor kind of forgot to inform me about that beforehand...

But thanks for the hints, I'll try to go out somewhere, where I can try those methods out before my next similar job!
Post 11 IP   flag post
101436 11 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?