Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,033 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 40 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
360Floor PlansHow toRoofVirtual Reality

How to Add A Roof 360 Image -or- Include A Roof Level Scan?18214

rhelling private msg quote post Address this user
I've got a retail client that is asking for rooftop information as well as the interior space. I typically place a 360 image on the rear door that reflects the rear exterior. Similar with the front.

But when I do to add an image for the roof...I can't seem to "place" it anywhere. It continuously tries to snap to various walls. Regardless, even if I just get a 360 image attached, there is no way to place tags on rooftop equipment, etc.

I've thought maybe I just need to link another model - one for the interior, one for the roof. There are no stairs (i.e. exterior roof ladder), so trying to scan in the same model is impossible.

Has anyone dealt with an issue like this before?
Randall
Post 1 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
@rhelling the easiest way that I know to accomplish this is to store a 360 degree photo of the roof in another forum. Then add Mattertag to back door and then link to that 360 photo to that Mattertag. You will not get the complete immersive view as a MP embedded 360 but you will get that view on that Mattertag.
Post 2 IP   flag post
@ron0987 so if I'm understanding correctly...setup a 360 photo in something like Kuula. It could be a 360 photo with tags on equipment, etc. Then in the Matterport model, add a mattertag with a link to that 360 photo on Kuula. (Hmmmm....that might work. I'll test that.) Thanks.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
you can attach a tag with it to a celling.
Post 4 IP   flag post
@ron0987 followup - it worked "okay". I used Kuula and added a hotspot/tag on the equipment. It's not as immersive, but it does the job. The only issue I'm having is that the link opens up a new tab, so users can't really just easily hit the back button to get back into the virtual tour. (I haven't been able to figure out how to open the link in the same tab.)
Post 5 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
@rhelling thank you for the update and your right there is not a real good transition back and forth when it comes to 360 panoramic views.
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

Is this helpful?

HOVER Secures a $60M Customer-Led Round: Build the Future of Property Data

Dan
Post 7 IP   flag post