Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 30 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Insurance AdjustersQuestions

Are there any insurance adjusters like me here? Can you say hi to me?18194

Olegred private msg quote post Address this user
Post 1 IP   flag post
daslack private msg quote post Address this user
@Olegred Hello, I am an IA with a Texas DHS license. Where do you fit into the adjusting world?
Post 2 IP   flag post
I am a large-loss property adjuster in NY.
Post 3 IP   flag post
So how did you end up here? Do you use Matterport or similar for claims documentation?
Post 4 IP   flag post
BuffaloPA private msg quote post Address this user
New York PA here - hello!
Post 5 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by daslack
So how did you end up here? Do you use Matterport or similar for claims documentation?

Almost on every loss. I do it with 360 camera on smaller losses but bring a pro to a commercial loss. I feel that technologies like matterport are the future of the adjusting.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloPA
New York PA here - hello!

I go to Buffalo once in a while. I heard you guys got killed with 1st the snow and then the freezes.
Post 7 IP   flag post
I agree that they should be the future of claims. It gives you the ability to revisit the loss and verify things that you might not have caught the first time around. I use the Matterport in the construction industry as well. When bidding large remodeling jobs I scan the job site with a Pro 2 and now Pro 3 to obtain both pictures and spatial data. This is invaluable information. I will often go back and use the measure tool in the model for verification of certain things. I provide all of my subcontractors that are bidding on a particular job a copy of the model for their bidding purposes as well.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Also, takes collaboration to the next level.
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
WGAN-TV: MSPs: How a Matterport Tour is Used to Create Xactimate Claim Documentation with Claims Delegates Founder and Licensed Insurance Adjuster and Xactimate Team Leader Andrew McCabe (Andy@ClaimsDelegates.com) | Thursday, 7 October 2021 | Episode 120WGAN Free Service: Text Me 5 Minutes Before WGAN-TV is Live

@Olegred
@daslack
@BuffaloPA

Is this helpful?

Transcript for WGAN-TV: MSP-How Matterport is Used to Create Xactimate Insurance Claim Documentation

Dan
Post 10 IP   flag post
@DanSmigrod Thank you Dan. I will look forward to watching the video about Matterport and Xactimate.

Best Dave
Post 11 IP   flag post
Good video. True plan became cheaper and more accurate.
Post 12 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
WGAN-TV | 9 Benefits of Matterport for Property Damage Insurance Claims with greater Chicago area Property Damage Consultants' Jonathan Sabath @JonSabath | Aired Live: Thursday, 30 September 2021 | Episode: 119 | @JonSabath

@Olegred
@daslack
@BuffaloPA

Is this helpful?

=> Transcript: 9 Benefits of Matterport for Property Damage Insurance Claims

Dan
Post 13 IP   flag post
@danSmigrod I have watched the video with Jon Sabath previously. Yes, it was helpful. Thanks!

Dave
Post 14 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanSmigrod
WGAN-TV | 9 Benefits of Matterport for Property Damage Insurance Claims with greater Chicago area Property Damage Consultants' Jonathan Sabath @JonSabath | Aired Live: Thursday, 30 September 2021 | Episode: 119 | @JonSabath

@Olegred
@daslack
@BuffaloPA

Is this helpful?

=> Transcript: 9 Benefits of Matterport for Property Damage Insurance Claims

Dan

Interesting. This dude is a building consultant, who works both the carrier and public adjuster side. Looks like he knows the industry and has been doing this for a while. The best scenario for Matterport is the water claim. It is interior, lights mostly work and the rooms are still there. Worst, probably a catastrophic fire. Many a time I come to the claim and the building is in ruins or almost ruins, then, what do you scan? And, of course, Matterport is worthless on the exterior claims, such as wind and hail. It is a VERY useful tool, groundbreaking even, but not without limitations. I wish the guest would talk more about specifics, how to scan, how to break the space into the jobs, multistory, multiple unit buildings. How it plays with other technologies, like Hover, specifics of imaging the claim scenes, such as lighting and so on.
Post 15 IP   flag post
dave3d private msg quote post Address this user
We’ve done Matterport and Xactimate on large commercial claims. (Think hotel fire for example hitting 6 or so floors) and everyone seemed pleased with the outcome. Lots of water related claims as I guess that’s what the bulk of residential claims tend to be.
Post 16 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
Sorry it may be answered in videos above but they are long and I will need to find some time to watch them. Can anybody tell me who are you working with in insurance companies, like a position name or a department name?

I would not even try to call any as they are always huge and hard to find a right person. However I may have a way into one and only need a position or department name to be introduced to them or get their details.
Post 17 IP   flag post
101635 17 17
This topic is archived. Start new topic?